Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Opinions On Ls400 And Mondeo V6

I am probably going to make a fool of myself here. I would be very interested to know what everyone thinks of this little problem I have. Do I spend 4 or 500 pound on my car, LS 400 1998, servicing, welding on exhaust, new washer pumps. Thats it. Runs like a train. I use LS 400 for everything at the moment, commuting, shopping, and going miles out of my way because of the driving pleasure. Or spend around 3 and half grand on a Mondeo. And use LS400 just for pleasure. I would never sell.Lexus. Took too long to find one this good.

We used to own a Mondeo ST24 and what a pile of crap compared to the Mk 4 LS400 we have now owned for coming up to 3 years. The ST24 was LPG converted and it was still a pile of crap.

Thing is your asking devotees of the greatest mark on earth so to get anyone to say anything positive for the Mondeo is going to be difficult.

There was one thing I did enjoy with the Mondeo and that's when I saw it disappear with its new owner. Mike

I had an St220, very clean example and it was brilliant. Absolutly brilliant handling, epically fast and very very discreet. Loved it, however it's ridiculous to compare a 3 series class to a 7 series class.

I cant believe you are seriously asking should you buy a ford mondeo. Ford are rubbish. Probebly one of the most unreliable cars on the planet. And you are seriously thinking about buying an unreliable bag of crap. I dont care how many people on here say oh fords are good etc etc because they are not. Watch out for electrical problems aswell. Someone once asked me when i had an Audi S4 if i would px it with his mondeo. Well i told him what he could go do with his ford. My last words FORDS ARE RUBBISH.

They're not rubbish, they make some excellent cars with parts that are always readily available. They make excellent handling well priced cars.

They also hold the ability of being so common that anyone can work on them and this makes sourcing parts so damn easy and heacache free. Their build quality is also very good.

:tsktsk:

Just buy a good one otherwise you'll end up like the posters above.

Edited by ColinBarber

Yeah there are so many parts readily available for the ford all because they need new parts every other month. Absolute rubbish cars. They aint reliable cars so obviously they have so many parts like you say readily available. If you want a reliable hassle free car stick to japenese cars.

Brilliant, im out of this conversation, readiness of parts determines reliability.

Maybe he want's something that handles half decently and doesn't drive like an overbarged boat?

If you don't intend to sell the Lexus buy the Mondeo and time will tell if you keep it but I personally don't think it will last long.

For what they are the Mondeo is not a bad car but you can't compare it to a LS

Thanks for all the inputs. 1st, the LS is going no where as previously said. Owned st220 and st24 and ghia models. All v6's. Had main problems with st24. Can't fault st220. Just wanted to know what everyone thought. I have wanted an LS 400 for many years. and when the opportunity arose to find a really good one, I grabbed it with both hands. There is alot of rubbish out there. With the fountain of knowledge on this forum, which is absolutely priceless, I found what I wanted. I don't want to use this one as an everyday car. The LS would it handle it fine, but its to special for that. Its having the best of both worlds. Thanks again everyone,

Thanks for all the inputs. 1st, the LS is going no where as previously said. Owned st220 and st24 and ghia models. All v6's. Had main problems with st24. Can't fault st220. Just wanted to know what everyone thought. I have wanted an LS 400 for many years. and when the opportunity arose to find a really good one, I grabbed it with both hands. There is alot of rubbish out there. With the fountain of knowledge on this forum, which is absolutely priceless, I found what I wanted. I don't want to use this one as an everyday car. The LS would it handle it fine, but its to special for that. Its having the best of both worlds. Thanks again everyone,

That woke a few up. Enjoy your Lexus Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links