Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice Green 400 On Ebay With Dhp

Ebay item 300843749239, identical to mine with rarely seen black leather interior, most likely a bargain if it sells for around £2k though sems to be for sale elsewhere for silly money.

Looks a gooden. Got to be worth a serious look. Mike

Does look nice. Can anyone explain what the DHP option was?

Lowered suspension which means, when 4 in car, you scrape every sleeping policeman and road hump. Stiffer suspension which means every pothole you hit you think you've broken both front wishbones. The one I had looked a stunning car, but on our roads, wasn't a pleasure to drive. The 17'' wheels can only take a top brand wider tyre which are about £200 each.

Lowered suspension which means, when 4 in car, you scrape every sleeping policeman and road hump. Stiffer suspension which means every pothole you hit you think you've broken both front wishbones. The one I had looked a stunning car, but on our roads, wasn't a pleasure to drive. The 17'' wheels can only take a top brand wider tyre which are about £200 each.

Well that is not my experience at all!! I have been five up with a full boot on some of the roughest roads on Skye and elsewhere and, well, lets just say 'keeping up with traffic' and don't recognise your description at all! The tyres are expensive though but so be it!

Hi Run132, I can just about make out your wheels from your avatar and they do look like dhp wheels, but the actual dhp pack was first introduced on a MK4 LS in 1997. If yours is a 1995 then it will be a MK3 which were not given the dhp option. There is a thread on here somewhere which was written by the designer of the dhp upgrade.

Hi Run132, I can just about make out your wheels from your avatar and they do look like dhp wheels, but the actual dhp pack was first introduced on a MK4 LS in 1997. If yours is a 1995 then it will be a MK3 which were not given the dhp option. There is a thread on here somewhere which was written by the designer of the dhp upgrade.

Hi. I must look for that thread as that was not my opinion at all! My view was that DHP option came in with the Mk3 in 1995 for the UK market. My car is a 1995 Mk3 model but it has had the DHP wheels and suspension, etc. from new! I have had to replace a few front springs and (according to Lexus) they are different from the standard ones.

Hi Run, have a read through here.http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Can you post some pics of your car up? I know of a few members that put 430 wheels on their 400's which are very similar to the dhp

Two 400's placed side by side (1 with dhp, the other, standard) and you will see a difference. Drive both and you will surely notice.

Graham

I have an identical car, though mine is metallic Jade Mica (metallic dark green to me) its the only LS I have driven and I find it quite comfortable to drive and far superior to my old MK1 GS300 Sport which had a more stiffer suspension set up.

You are spot on as far as the DHP year of introduction is concerned. I remember reading somewhere on tinterweb that it was developed outside Japan to make the car more desirable for the European/American market.

As for tyres, when I bought the car last year it was running on a set of Goodyear tyres (slightly smaller in width and of a larger profile to the recommended tyres for the DHP wheels) and when I test drove it it just wafted along like every road serface was silky velvet and I just had to buy it. However, the wheels (the original DHP spec ones) were very scabby so I decided to refurbish them but along the way I came accross a set of newly refurbished DHP spec wheels with next to new tyres for the cost of refurbing all 5 wheels so I went that route. The tyres are Bridgstone runflats of 245 width and 45 profile and yes the ride is stiffer than on the tyres that came with the car so I can vouch for your comments about ride comfort and trye noise with the DHP spec wheel/tyre setup but overall in my opinion it is still far better than my old GS.

You are also right about front suspension wear, more so the bushes depending on how you drive, but I have found a cure for that hopefully and will be getting the bushing upgraded soon.

Lets hope the new owner becomes a member. A lot of car for little money.

My LS MK4 doesn't have the DHP option and is already amazingly fast but with that blower on there cant be to many cars on the road that can give it a challenge. Mike

Dynamic Handling Pack - stiffer suspension and those wheels. Not sure of anything else

Plus a Eaton M90 Supercharger as standard giving them over 400 BHP :lol:

Lets hope the new owner becomes a member. A lot of car for little money.

My LS MK4 doesn't have the DHP option and is already amazingly fast but with that blower on there cant be to many cars on the road that can give it a challenge. Mike

I think Steve may have been ''0n the sauce''

The link took me to the search page. I have had a look but not found anything official, just someone agreeing with me that it was an option for the Mk3!

The DHP was an option on the Mk3 and the Mk4 in the UK. I have some literature somewhere on it and will try to dig it out at some point.

The story I recall on the DHP, if memory serves me, is that the MD of Lexus UK (or someone similarly high up!) tried Mk3 before its launch here and came up with the DHP idea. It was only ever a UK option, as far as I am aware.

I have owned my car for nearly 15 years. I was on the look out at that time for a DHP car so they were certainly around then! I bought it from the first owner and he said he specified the DHP option as he felt the standard car was a bit ‘soft’ (his words!) and he preferred the look of DHP!

This is a picture of one of the wheels – yes they are the DHPs!

Lexus LS 400

More here, if you wish to see them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16689667@N06/

right! this is getting out of hand - we cant have LOC members lacking in crucial basic knowledge here........... those of you who think it does have a super charger on the left and those of you who think it does not on the right.

All members with the wrong answer will be enrolled on a Level 2 "Lexus LS Specification" course!!

right! this is getting out of hand - we cant have LOC members lacking in crucial basic knowledge here........... those of you who think it does have a super charger on the left and those of you who think it does not on the right.

All members with the wrong answer will be enrolled on a Level 2 "Lexus LS Specification" course!!

What about those of us who haven't got a clue. Mike

Nail my colours firmly to the "right'. I think you don't get Steves' sense of humour. If you notice the 'smiley' at the end of his post you'll see what I mean.

The Dhp pack only consisted of changes to suspension , springs, and change of wheels. It was adapted upon request of the MD Lexus UK and when they started showing it to dealers, they wanted the option to sell to customers. It was only ever done to new cars with the introduction of the Mark4 model 1997.

Then again, I'm only going on info gleaned from these forums since 2005, so could be misled. Apologies if I have been.

Nail my colours firmly to the "right'. I think you don't get Steves' sense of humour. If you notice the 'smiley' at the end of his post you'll see what I mean.

The Dhp pack only consisted of changes to suspension , springs, and change of wheels. It was adapted upon request of the MD Lexus UK and when they started showing it to dealers, they wanted the option to sell to customers. It was only ever done to new cars with the introduction of the Mark4 model 1997.

Then again, I'm only going on info gleaned from these forums since 2005, so could be misled. Apologies if I have been.

No smilies shown on mine which accounts for my appearance of being thick. Mike

I got some of the marketing material for my 1998 off eBay recently. Later on today I'm going to have a quick look through and see if there is any mention of it as an extra. And, if so, at what cost. Will report back.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links