Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Smart Cars

Hi, I owned one for 2 years. They have a "cult" following over here !!

I had a 1999 LHD imported for me in Hello Yellow ( bright yellow ) with silver tridion. I modded the air filter and exhaust.

There are already further new models over here, Crossblade, Roadster and ForFour just been announced .

Some useful links ....

Smart Car Owners Club

DCUK Sales for UK

Sales For Europe

One thing to add the owners club is nearly as good as this one :D

I still want to rent one to see how they drive. They look so neat. I would like them to be the alternative that the SInclair C5 never was, but should have been. Parkng end on in the street must be very cool.

And I have seen them doing about 90mph. I test drove the Crossblade when I was thinkng about an over priced golf cart. they seem to be the preferred choice of the pro footballers in Leeds, bit too impractcal for me....(£16k too!!)

Have you seen the twin turbo Smart Roadster??? Very B)

Two smart engines fused together into a 1.4, with two turbos.... IIRC about 160-170 bhp in something that weighes little more than a crisp packet and you sit 6" from the floor - sounds like fun to me!

Oh - performance was quoted (again IIRC) at 0-62 in about 6 seconds and a top speed of circa 138mph for those brave enough!

Nice :D . I have the Star Blue as my screen saver now... ahahah replaced the IS that was on it before... But there's no way I'd be able to get the Star Blue since it's limited edition.

Guess I'll have to wait. I first saw the Smart Cars at this years Auto Show... so cute! Then again the Tercel hatchback was cute too... but you need to add the turbo for it to go anywhere.

Ahaha I should have figured they'd have their own club already :lol:

One of the car magazines took 1 to the states, to drive from NY to Cal.

It fitted on a large packing crate, and use $90 in total.

Most americans thought it was electric :)........and thought it was cute....but wouldnt drive one!

they did like the 50mpg :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links