Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-F V M5 Vid

Odd comparison to attempt. Compare the IS-F to the M3 for a fairer match, not a V10 500 bhp M5. Notice they didn't mention anything on a comparison of prices.

there are rumours of the next gen IS-F being a twin turbo rather than NA just like the latest M5. rumour has it the engine will be a bored out engine from the IS350 used in US/Japan which will take displacement to 4.0litre and then lower the compression ratio and stick two turbos to it.. just like Nissan GTR currenlty has in thier 3.8 V6 engine. my guess will be an easy 500 - 550 bhp from the Toyota/Yamaha engine. ....watch out M5 Lexus is coming for ya..

The ISF looks kind of tiny for a car with 4 doors and a 5 litre engine. The M5 has better road presence in my opinion. I hope the next gen ISF gets a longer wheelbase.

New, yes i'd go for the M5. But used with a few mile on i'd go for (and did) the ISF. BMW's have legendary fragile engines/gearboxes with prices plummeting after 50k miles. A 2008 M5 is about the same price as a 2008 ISF, both around 20-22k but the M5 was £66k new (basic with no costly options, inc those auto bolster seats), the ISF £51k. Mines coming upto 60k miles and runs like its just come out of the factory. Not to mention M5 19mpg and ISF 24mpg, doesn't sound a lot but that's 25% better (a free tank of fuel for every 4).

Mines coming upto 60k miles and runs like its just come out of the factory. Not to mention M5 19mpg and ISF 24mpg, doesn't sound a lot but that's 25% better (a free tank of fuel for every 4).

Stevet have you had any quotes on that 60K service........its a big un. Just had my 70K service done, and it cost a relatively cheap £240 at Lexus Wolverhampton. :)

Mines coming upto 60k miles and runs like its just come out of the factory. Not to mention M5 19mpg and ISF 24mpg, doesn't sound a lot but that's 25% better (a free tank of fuel for every 4).

Stevet have you had any quotes on that 60K service........its a big un. Just had my 70K service done, and it cost a relatively cheap £240 at Lexus Wolverhampton. :)

About £800 so far. Looks like the spark plugs make up a large bit of that. When I got it last year they had just fitted new tyres, brake disks and pads all round, so after this service I'm hoping all the big expenses are out of the way for a couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links