Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Car Has Been Delivered But I Have A Few Small Problems Can You Help

Don't panic it's easy!!

Stick a CD in and let it load fully. Once it has you will see a Rec tab with an orange circle to the left. Press the tab and the CD will be recorded to the HDD. Once you have done 1 it's easy. You can go back edit any details relating to those tracks too if you wish.

Well, if its loaded and playing, the data tabs should be filled in too. While its loading you will see the gracenote tab open. Just after that the Rec tab can be activated. I just went and sat in my car to see this.

I don't have the gracenote either.

The disc just loads and plays. I'll take a few pics or video of me loading a disc tomorrow.

Thanks for checking for me, I'm not sure why it's not working.

Can I safely assume m car actually has the hdd? I thought it came in when the dab was available (which is fitted and working)

A 59 plate SE-L with the the Sat Nav display will automatically come with the Mark Levinson audio and also the ability to record on to the HDD. From the 2011 MY,all models including the SE-L were only available with the full map option so no ML Or HDD recording, therefore there is no HDD tab on show. Interestingly, there is an option in the service menu to enable the HDD but the doesn't do anything on our 2011 model. I wonder if this needs to be enabled on yours? I can't remember off hand the combination on buttons and switches you need to press/ turn to activate the service menu but I'm sure a quick search in here will find it.

I have a buddy who has a 59 plate 220d without the levinson and the HDD tab is not present in the display.

Sounds like your friend has the Full Map option which was available on all models apart from the SE-L as this was offered only with the multimedia option.

Only thing I can find is this...

1. Engine ON

2. Headlights off

3. Press and hold the info button down

4. While holding the info button down, move headlights from OFF to Parking lights and viceversa 3 or 4 times

5. The menu should come up

6. To exit, hold DISP for 3 secs.

Is that the one you mean?

Only thing I can find is this...

1. Engine ON

2. Headlights off

3. Press and hold the info button down

4. While holding the info button down, move headlights from OFF to Parking lights and viceversa 3 or 4 times

5. The menu should come up

6. To exit, hold DISP for 3 secs.

Is that the one you mean?

Yes that's the one. There is an option in one of ther menus to enable the HDD. worth a look

It worked! Thanks again, I went into the menu and there was a library on/off option.

Out 2 discs in worked a charm, 90% left does it store them as wav files? They seem very large!

You can store up to 2000 tracks (if say, 5 minute tracks are recorded at 128kbps). You can select to store at different compression rates. You go to Rec Settings to do this. Rec quality set as 'good' is at 128kbps and set at 'excellent' is set at 256kbps. One assumes they are recorded as mp3 files on the HDD.

Silly question but did you get the manual(s) with the car. There is info for the HDD in both manuals to gen up on if you have them....and I certainly hope you have!

You can also make up your own playlists of music of your own choice. Think you can only record off conventional CD source though. Although I might have remembered wrong... Old git and all that!

Hi yes I got the manuals, but I'm not good with technology to be honest, I still use a Nokia phone from 2004!!!

Ha ha, you're not alone.... I still have my old Nokia 6230 from around 2002. Does all I need right now. If I do migrate up to an Iphone it will only be due to it being a hand me down from my son. For me it is just an occasional use item....have a phone buzzing all day on my desk.....that's enough!

Bluetooth it into your car and load up your own directory of numbers and speed dials. Then leave the phone in the armrest charging and out of sight.

Morning.

My car arrived yesterday and overall I'm really pleased with it.

However there are a couple of things that the dealer is going to take the car back for.

It arrived with a chip in the windscreen, and there is a small scratch on the boot lip, so they will sort them out I'm sure,

More concerning though is the sound system. The car has the Levinson premium surround unit, and has had a DAB module fitted previously. The problem is when I seem to have a very noticeable background hiss through the speakers. Its like a radio which is tuned into nothing. It's constant no matter what input you use or volume, or if it's muted etc, it's always there.

My previous IS had the Levinson kit and I'm sure I recall it being silent, but can you guys please confirm what your background levels are in case I get push back along the lines of "that's normal" etc...

Thanks pete.

Heres some pics by the way.

a60d33f312394d43c85a0528e36ba299.jpg

e2bbbdff17d4a5dff9f5c250dc72b09b.jpg

b97093c7d701820200dbc36177f1e764.jpg

721e8f7e5a42f619a80fa0f44585d6cf.jpg

I knew I had a pic somewhere...almost a 'snap' moment...apart from exterior colour!!

lexus3i.jpg

lexus6x.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links