Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Car Has Been Delivered But I Have A Few Small Problems Can You Help

Morning.

My car arrived yesterday and overall I'm really pleased with it.

However there are a couple of things that the dealer is going to take the car back for.

It arrived with a chip in the windscreen, and there is a small scratch on the boot lip, so they will sort them out I'm sure,

More concerning though is the sound system. The car has the Levinson premium surround unit, and has had a DAB module fitted previously. The problem is when I seem to have a very noticeable background hiss through the speakers. Its like a radio which is tuned into nothing. It's constant no matter what input you use or volume, or if it's muted etc, it's always there.

My previous IS had the Levinson kit and I'm sure I recall it being silent, but can you guys please confirm what your background levels are in case I get push back along the lines of "that's normal" etc...

Thanks pete.

Heres some pics by the way.

a60d33f312394d43c85a0528e36ba299.jpg

e2bbbdff17d4a5dff9f5c250dc72b09b.jpg

b97093c7d701820200dbc36177f1e764.jpg

721e8f7e5a42f619a80fa0f44585d6cf.jpg

Congratulations on your new Lexus, Lexus Leicester have apparently been voted the top UK dealer.

There should be no background noise on any Lexus system, mine is 19 years old and is fine. Is it just on the DAB radio you hear the hissing or all inputs?

Just wonder if these DAB add ons are hardwired or more likely wirelessly connected which makes them subject to interference, I would certainly ask the dealer about it.

Thanks guys,

I've just got off the phone to them, and expss my opinion politely but firmly. It needs to be sorted out etc.

My local garage is Cardiff so they are going to pick it up next Friday to have a look, and I told them I expect a car in the meantime.

The newer version of the Levinson and nav seems different to the old one in terms of functionality and adjustment. I'm sure the old one let me adjust the sub level and stuff like that but this one just has bass mid treble. Or maybe that was in my old Jag I can't remember really well I'm getting sooo oooold haha.

I have virtually the same car. Interior identical but exterior is Arctic Pearl. Even the same alloys.

Have absolutely no background hiss on any source. Don't have dab though, but I can't see that having an effect on all other sources.

I have not found the interior hard to keep clean. For me the dark carpet is the best option. Yeah I hoover it but not that often. Yes I'm careful what I wear to sit in the car but I was with black leather too.

I've got a gut feeling that it's your amplifier. The ML amplifier has a feature which filters out any kind of static and background noise. Looks like this is not working as intended on your car.

Thanks guys,

I've just got off the phone to them, and expss my opinion politely but firmly. It needs to be sorted out etc.

My local garage is Cardiff so they are going to pick it up next Friday to have a look, and I told them I expect a car in the meantime.

The newer version of the Levinson and nav seems different to the old one in terms of functionality and adjustment. I'm sure the old one let me adjust the sub level and stuff like that but this one just has bass mid treble. Or maybe that was in my old Jag I can't remember really well I'm getting sooo oooold haha.

The hiring of a car from Cardiff is good. It must be annoying to have the car sent back after just picking it up, but they'll get it sorted quickly.

Thanks guys,

Thanks guys,

Very nice car.

The audio adjustments have always been for bass mid and treble. No dedicated sub volume unfortunately

Thanks for the reply. Having had a closer look I'm not feeling so good about the car.

The service manual says the registering garage is:

Walon Ltd

C/o Toyota Import Centre

Bristol.

Does that mean my car is not a proper uk car? I've told my insurance it is but I'm worried it's an import...???

All Lexus are imports as such as their not made in the UK so at some point it would have had to come off a boat! If you've ever driven down the M5 over the Avon bridge you'll see thousands of cars brand new just been delivered into the country in the docks. Maybe that's all the paperwork is relating to?

Thanks for the reply. Having had a closer look I'm not feeling so good about the car.

The service manual says the registering garage is:

Walon Ltd

C/o Toyota Import Centre

Bristol.

Does that mean my car is not a proper uk car? I've told my insurance it is but I'm worried it's an import...???

No. This is normal. All Lexus cars arrive via the Portbury docks in Bristol as their point of entry in to this country

I am sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at this. This is hilarious. :)

Fair enough. You made a good choice though. I think specs wise they started cutting down a little after the 09-10 MY so these are the best ones to get. Also have the bugs ironed out that the 05-07 models were full off.

Hiss could also be related to a poor earth somewhere - perhaps when the DAB was fitted something was missed.

Love the car - especially the alloys. Same colour interior as mine, but I changed the floor mats to charcoal grey. The ivory ones got to look very grubby very quickly and spoiled the look.

Once those bits are sorted I'm sure that you'll be a very happy bunny!

- bought mine at Cardiff.

True, spoke to jeff at Leicester today and I do feel assured it'll all be sorted.

Meanwhile, I believe I have the hdd Nav system installed as its go the dab module etc, but there is no rec button on the cd I've put in and the hdd tab on the audio menu is greyed out. Am I being thick? The manual said if you have the DVD changer you have it, and my unit definitely plays DVD and is a 6 in dash, but the menu doesnt seem so offer any solutions.

I'll try another disc in case it's got PC data on it, but I'm not sure what else to try?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links