Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Private Sellers-Why Bother?

jasons

Trotted up to the other side of Luton from Surrey this morning to view an RX400 that was described a being in 'Immaculate Condition'- and 'won't find better'.

Oh dear, car was absolutely filthy- and not just from the wet snowy roads of the last few days, but absolutely caked in mud. Interior was absolutely vile with liquid stained carpets and crisps and half eaten sweets littering the floor and seats.

Dash was scratched to bits and covered in long hair.

It's not like I had just turned up, I'd arranged the viewing on Sunday evening- I cant believe they couldnt even be bothered to make an effort in tidying it up.

To top it all, it hadnt had its 80k service (on 85k now) with 4 tyres all under the 2mm marker.

Car did have full history- up until the present owner bought it and didnt bother after that.

I offered the seller £700 under asking price (of £11700) and we got to £11050 when the seller decided he needed to go indoors and think about it.

Im so glad I didnt bother with it in the end, but its getting frustrating as I'm only after a Lexus RX and the spec/year are proving really difficult to find!

It makes me cringe seeing cars in that state especially car like the one in question. Some builders keep thier vans in better condition.

I reckon you would have regretted buying it if you did. Personally I would have walked straight away.

Prats eh! Your second and third paragraphs should lead you to walk away there and then.

It can take a while to find what you want so patience is key.

Took me nearly 9 weeks to find the one I wanted and I would have waited longer. It's a valid point to say I was in a position where I could share my wife's car for the entire period. I fully realise that is not always possible depending on individual circumstances.

Your last sentence vindicates your decision. Stick with it...you will find what you want. Keep being fussy about how you want it though!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links