Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Back On A Magic Carpet With A Big Grin

Well after my short 5 week fling with a 2004 ls430 Im back in a mark4 1998 in silver. Ohhh its good to be back. Drove the 430 back to the dealers & drove the 400 back. Sorry to all you guys with 430's but IMHO the 400 is better ride wise & noise wise.

The one I have bought has 146K on it but drives like brand spanking new ( tight as a drum).

:D :driving: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :D :D :D :D :D :D

As long as your happy that's all that important.

I love my 430 but have never had a 400 to compare to so I'm happy :-)

I came to the conclusion that for me the extra toys were not worth the risk of the extra expense when things go wrong,

I know the 430's are more reliable than any other comparable brand of the same years, But after having a totally trouble free 5 years with my last 400 I feel more confident that I can trust the 400 over the 430. There are enough creature comforts in the 400 to keep me happy & they are straight forward to work on.

For me bomb proof reliability & comfort wins over gizmos (nice that they are).

Mark, this is why some of us are reluctant are trade up (?) to a 430 - we're more comfortable sticking with what we know. Unfortunately, by the time I get a 430 (which I'm sure I will, one day) there won't be any 400s left to go back to. Since I bought mine in 2010 there's many fewer to choose from, and prices for decent ones are going up. I'm very glad I got mine when I did.

Mark, this is why some of us are reluctant are trade up (?) to a 430 - we're more comfortable sticking with what we know. Unfortunately, by the time I get a 430 (which I'm sure I will, one day) there won't be any 400s left to go back to. Since I bought mine in 2010 there's many fewer to choose from, and prices for decent ones are going up. I'm very glad I got mine when I did.

Its looking increasingly more difficult to argue that the natural step up from our Mk4s is the 430/460, they constantly throw up stories of dissatisfaction with various dislikes and technical problems and it has also become accepted that the Mk4 was the best of all the LSs. So is anymore difficult today to find and good LS than it was 3 years ago?

I remember 3 years ago in March/April there were very few around that were even worth investing time and money going to see. I wasn't particularly fussy, it didn't have to be in mint condition and the odd scratch or small dent was acceptable. As long as the car was honest and not been written off at some stage and had a service history, main dealer/local garage was acceptable.

It took me 12 weeks & 8 different cars to find one it had a small dent in the drivers door which is still there (anyone got a 6Q7 Dark Green drivers door) and a few scratches, interior was perfect all buttons and switches worked 85k and full service history, cam belt done I paid £2600 and £1200 for LPG so £3800 altogether. In that time I have had two services, one Battery and replacement passenger door (already well published) two tyres and I have done 50K miles, always past her MOT without even an advisory, I could probably still get around £2K for her but I ain't stupid enough to get rid of her for many years yet.

The thing is that with all the problems likes and dislikes the 430/460 keeps throwing up will make the Mk1.2.3 & 4 a more desirable bet which will have one effect and that is drive the price up of Mk4s and poss Mk3s and to hold prices level for Mk1s & Mk2s, especially for those that are honest cars etc. So look after her she may be worth more than you think. Mike

Its looking increasingly more difficult to argue that the natural step up from our Mk4s is the 430/460, they constantly throw up stories of dissatisfaction with various dislikes and technical problems and it has also become accepted that the Mk4 was the best of all the LSs. So is anymore difficult today to find and good LS than it was 3 years ago?

I remember 3 years ago in March/April there were very few around that were even worth investing time and money going to see. I wasn't particularly fussy, it didn't have to be in mint condition and the odd scratch or small dent was acceptable. As long as the car was honest and not been written off at some stage and had a service history, main dealer/local garage was acceptable.

It took me 12 weeks & 8 different cars to find one it had a small dent in the drivers door which is still there (anyone got a 6Q7 Dark Green drivers door) and a few scratches, interior was perfect all buttons and switches worked 85k and full service history, cam belt done I paid £2600 and £1200 for LPG so £3800 altogether. In that time I have had two services, one Battery and replacement passenger door (already well published) two tyres and I have done 50K miles, always past her MOT without even an advisory, I could probably still get around £2K for her but I ain't stupid enough to get rid of her for many years yet.

The thing is that with all the problems likes and dislikes the 430/460 keeps throwing up will make the Mk1.2.3 & 4 a more desirable bet which will have one effect and that is drive the price up of Mk4s and poss Mk3s and to hold prices level for Mk1s & Mk2s, especially for those that are honest cars etc. So look after her she may be worth more than you think. Mike

Mike

Have you seen eBay item 261168320182, I enquired about colour but guy never go back to me but car is still listed as a breaker

Mike

Have you seen eBay item 261168320182, I enquired about colour but guy never go back to me but car is still listed as a breaker

Yes I was after the drivers door and I maybe in the light of your question wrong to assume it was Green 6Q7. The wheels need refurb and they want £150 for 5 of them.

I couldn't go ahead with the door as I need to have it fitted at the same time ( it wont fit into the car) and being old and decrepit and a 5 hour drive puts it out of reach for me, one will come up nearer. Hope you have luck with what your after. The prices will need knocking down as they seem a bit high to me.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links