Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Yes I do, possibly the first owner of a GS250 on this forum (Wendle has the GS450h F Sport, possibly the first overall owner on the forum), and I'm sure he would say the same - the cars are incredible. They have won so many awards around the rest of the world, and beat the german opposition in tests etc. But not in this country, where emissions and a desire for only Diesels and German exec cars have really spoilt things!!

• 3 weeks later...

GS 250 ? - a super car. I have had mine since February. Not done too many miles since then unfortunately as illness has got in the way - but I can say that every mile has been a joy. The car is smooth and quiet - even with its 19 in wheels and bootlace tires. The steering and power train are excellent - it is quite a big car but so easy to park it with the parking sensors and the reversing camera. Got lots of toys to play with and to set up, and then fiddle with - I'll stop doing that eventually!!

I can only compare this car to my previous IS250 [which I loved] - this GS is entirely different in so many ways - certainly in comfort and ease of driving [ it is a newer car to be fair].

I have no regrets in lashing out to buy one of these lovely cars. [from Lexus Coventry - excellent service ].

best wishes

Yes the new GS is a great car

I’ve had 3 GS 300’s, a MK 2 and two MK three’s, and they all
drove about the same, I then moved on to a MK 3, 450h and the only real difference
was the amount of power and slightly better fuel economy, but the MK 4 is completely
different.

I liked the f sport purely because of the aggressive looking
front, Smokey grey wheels, plus I really wanted the red interior, my only
concern was the ride quality with 19” wheels. I would say that in eco / normal
mode it has the same comfort as the MK 3, but in sport / sport+ it is defiantly
harder, although harder may not be the right word, the whole chasses set up is
a lot stiffer, but the ride is remarkably smooth, the car also drives as though
it is much lighter than it is.

As for compeering it to a LS, the problem is that Lexus
have, in my view changed tact, they are after the BMW, Audi market and both of those
manufactures produce sporty cars, witch you would not expect from Lexus, Lexus
make cursing, comfortable, quality cars, so by changing, I believe they have
lost some of that, so the old LS, will drive a lot different, however the NEW
2013 one may be completely different, when I get a spare 100k ill let you
no.. :-)

Only one niggle I have at the moment, is the rear offside
light cluster creaks, you cant here it inside the car but when you open the
boot or clean around that area it a bit annoying and in my view shouldn’t happen
on a 50k + car, its been in once, it stopped for a week or so then started
again, so will have to get then to have another look at it.

Other that that, a well built, well put together car.

I tell you whats really amazing. The deceptiveness of speed, even in a GS250. It is so refined it's unbelievable. Even with winter clogs on the car is so quiet. Just hope the budget doesn't increase the car tax for cars over 200g/km of CO2, as I fear it might. We'll see tomorrow.

The final thing though is that the dealers are trying hard to flog the 250's. You can get a brand new GS250 Lux for £29,995 right now. That is a steal!

Chris, I share your annoying pain with the rear offside light cluster creaks. I thought Lexus would have been on the ball with this as the earlier MK3 GS was nothing but full of creaks. Inside and get it resolved or this could cost a fortune when the warranty expires. I had a terrible experience with my GS and finally sold it for the E Class which I think is better put together.

I don't think you can compare the new 4GS with the 3GS at all. They are miles apart. I had the 2IS and it was as bad as a bad car can be....got rid, had a 5 series for over 4 years, and that too was faultless.

My 2IS was in the garage more than it was out for the first few months - 5th Inj, new injectors/rail/EGR, dash rattles all over the place, creaking seats, very poor economy etc etc. I think the Toyota/Lexus "kata" in continuous improvement took a nose dive with that one!

The creaking light is probably the only creak or squeak in the car.

I currently have a 2009 GS300 SE at the moment. I am thinking of changing in the next few months and had considered a new GS250. The only problem is I am concerned that it will be underpowered.

At the moment my GS has 245 horses and does 0-60 in 7.3 secs.

Do those of you who have experience of the GS250 think I would notice much of a drop in performance?

I have heard that the GS250 likes to rev and sounds sporty when revved.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great. The GS300 was a tad more powerful, but this is so much better to drive etc, easily making up for a slight lack of punch. The Sport mode does help and it feels almost as quick as the GS300 in that mode

Sounds great. The GS300 was a tad more powerful, but this is so much better to drive etc, easily making up for a slight lack of punch. The Sport mode does help and it feels almost as quick as the GS300 in that mode

Thanks, it was a worry that if the GS250 was noticeably slower than my current GS I may not get on with it.

If the difference is marginal, then should be OK.

Thanks for your advice.

• 3 weeks later...

We have two NUMPTY's (commonly known collectively as Company Directors) at the place where I work, they both say that they love the GS250 they have.

They also give lots of advice on how to drive it.....

Direct Quote "get in, put seat belt on, turn TC off, place in sport mode, foot down, pray you see something in time to stop before dying" oh yeah, missed a bit "place Bryan Adams CD in the player and wind the volume up"

Like I said, NUMPTY's

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links