Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LPG conversion on my MK1 GS has been done for about 2 years. Runs like new and haven't had so much as a blink of bother with it.

Presently running on autogas at 32p a litre. Doing 50 mile r/trip to work every day, and getting equivalent of 45/50 mpg compared to unleaded, commuting & motorway, not hanging about.

Mine was already converted, which swayed me into buying it in the first place.

I think if you make sure you go to a reputable company who know what they are doing is definatly worth considering.

Not sure what the performance figures are like with the conversion.. but what a result on fuel economy Stej is getting!

look up posts by NotoriousRev

he had a conversion done and had nothing but problems, this i admit was on an IS2.

Chris will tell you about another IS2 that had a destroyed engine because of the conversion.........

speak to Chris

Hi Im interested in this conversion, where does the tank fit and the filler? Does it nick the boot space? (GS300 Mk 1).

The fuel consumption sounds good, know any converters in Essex?

I can get 32 MPG on a run and between 25/29 roud town so its pretty good, but would like to do better.

DLJ

Hi. Have GS300 MK1 with LPG. LPG tank replaces spare wheel. No problems after 13K of usage. LPG here 29p per litre. Have not noticed performance change LPG/Petrol. However, a lot off change out of a £20.00 note when you fill up with LPG!!! My car may be for sale soon as now need an estate for work purposes. 1994 Private Plate. Perl/White. 125K. LPG wheels re-furbished and colour coded. Just had timing belt changed. New boots. 11month MOT. £????

Hi Im interested in this conversion, where does the tank fit and the filler? Does it nick the boot space? (GS300 Mk 1).

The fuel consumption sounds good, know any converters in Essex?

I can get 32 MPG on a run and between 25/29 roud town so its pretty good, but would like to do better.

DLJ

Love to know how you get that - round town I get about 18-20 mpg, on a good run 25 mpg and if I drive like a grandad 27mpg.

MAC I dont know what I do but something must be right, I do add an injector cleaner on a regular basis, must help. The 32 was both ways to Wigan and back from Essex cruising just below 80 with cruise on most of the way and similarly to Oxford and Birmingham, it does seem to be consistant (with air con on as well). The round town is not just up the road and back its a 20 mile journey to work both ways and a couple of miles on a regular basis, to Macdonalds for a Mcflurry! I do about 250/300 miles per week and the fuel comsumption is regular, I have this awful habit of checking it each time I fill up. The fuel is normally Safeways, taking advantage of the pennies off each time, Ive thought of trying Optimax which seems to get good press from some of the lads. Also check your tyre pressures it does make a differance.

Hope this helps

:D i have a gs300se and converted it to lpg.paid £1000 to get the job done.but ensure you are getting a multipoint conversion not single point,also ensure you recieve a certificate.definatley ring your insurance company as i found only afew companys would insure a lpg.tesco.com came up with the best price for me.no problems with the performance,but it is really a criuser not a 0 to 60 jobby.got a 55 litre tank fitted in the boot.still with plenty of space(pushchair and baggage).when ever i go to another city i always get a prinout of the lpg cites.i would recommend you get a car converted as soon as you can,with low milage.i will be selling mine soon.it has covered 60K,black on black leather FLSH.only i have to get a 7 seater.but will get another at a later date and will convert that one.regards..

I do about 250/300 miles per week and the fuel comsumption is regular, I have this awful habit of checking it each time I fill up.

I tend to check each time to, only difference is I do about 250 miles per day! My credit card bill each month is scary :duh:

MAC

Difficult to know why there is this much difference, the worst that Ive got is 25, the injector stuff that I use is STP get it from COSTCO at Lakeside.

You have a sport perhaps that the diff??????

I really dont hang about either, it goes like a bat etc etc. Mind you dont use the power switch much, is that the diff?

DLJ

Mac,

250 miles a day............

I do 250 miles a week (work wise that is), so this might aid your calculations. Filling with LPG (going back on topic) costs me around £22 to cover that distance.

I actually get better mileage than the 825 Turbo diesel Rover that I was using before it!!

Don't think I want to guess at your credit card bills, but doing the sums yourself, a conversion must be worth considering?

Driving habits: normally right foot to floor on accelerator, then right to floor on brake at lights.

Ste J.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links