Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think its right , its a job i would like to do myself , since i did the spare car seat leon on fri last took my 5HOURS to remove oil filter , it was last done by my toyota mech, did not oil the seal and over tightend, but is it a job you csn do on axle stands?

Hi

Will 5w/30 castrol Edge oil be okay for my 2000 ls400 and is it 6 litres i need?

Thanks

Hi Messi 5w/30 synthetic or semi-synthetic is the stuff - I use synthetic. Don't mix them.

For the quantity this may help but becareful of America measurements (check your manual) because they have 14fl oz quarts not 20 like us so their pints etc are 20% smaller than ours - Metric wins eh.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/62163-engine-oil-capacity/

There are quite a few post on this forum as well if you have a quick search.

Bren

I always used to change my own oils.. but now i have got old and fat its a lot harder...as i dont seem to fit under the car anymore...maybe the axle stands have shrunk!

One thing i always used to do with a tight oil filter that you couldnt turn, especially if you dont have a proper oil filter wrench, was to shove a screwdriver through the filter so you have some leverage to turn it. It works.

I always used to change my own oils.. but now i have got old and fat its a lot harder...as i dont seem to fit under the car anymore...maybe the axle stands have shrunk!

One thing i always used to do with a tight oil filter that you couldnt turn, especially if you dont have a proper oil filter wrench, was to shove a screwdriver through the filter so you have some leverage to turn it. It works.

I don't think its necessarily a case of you getting fatter but more of a case that the cars have got lower. Mike

Well that made me laugh!!!

Lol... That's what I call tight!

Not got my LS yet so no idea how much room there was. Should have it by Wednesday ..roll on..

Keith,

Enjoy the car when you get it, best car I ever had, it was a joy driving into work today, spring sunshine, smooth drive and able to over take a stream of cars all stuck behind a Morris Traveller on the way home.

The 2000 MK 4 - nothing beats it

Lol... That's what I call tight!

Not got my LS yet so no idea how much room there was. Should have it by Wednesday ..roll on..

Bet I know what you think about when you go to bed and the lights go out. Mike

It's silver with black trim. I do like the green cars though they look classy.

But I went and saw this one, it looked good to me, so I ended up buying it.

Now I just hope that it is ok, as I am certainly no expert on the LS400 , time will tell eh?

I wanted a silver one myself, but i couldnt find one. This green one came up with low mileage 99833 miles, service history etc, saw it, drove it and it was brillant and so I bought it. I only bought it last week.

Its my sisters wedding this year and thought silver would look good, but I just couldnt find one.

I have a dark blue 00 one with black leather ;DHP , sunroof ♡♥/i ordered somd clay bars for a nice break in the weather, my other is s 99 Black with cream leather♡♥, both daily drivers.

I wanted a silver one myself, but i couldnt find one. This green one came up with low mileage 99833 miles, service history etc, saw it, drove it and it was brillant and so I bought it. I only bought it last week.

Its my sisters wedding this year and thought silver would look good, but I just couldnt find one.

It will look even better in green. It was the only colour Lexus that I went to see that was worth buying and allthough that would have been on the bottom of the list in colours I would like I have come to really like it, especially after a good clean, shes a stunner.

When can we see some pictures of yours? Mike

I dont know how to upload pictures on here.

Here you go. Mike

To submit an image to one of your own albums, you can visit

your album in the Gallery and click on 'New Image' or 'New Media'. You

can also go to 'My Controls' and select 'Upload Image' from the drop

down next to any of your albums.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to oil change both the Lexys this weekend , oil and filters inc cabin , i worked out it will save me about 100euros plus.and the piece of mind that its done propely

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links