Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Withdrawal Symptoms-I Miss My Car!

Put my LS400 into a Wheel-Refurbishment workshop two days ago,hopefully ready Monday,decided after three weeks trying to get new wheels,and although telling potential suppliers about the dreaded LS400 offset problem, they would fail me at the 11th hour just before purchase, telling me they were "not sure now they would fit" after getting fed-up with all this bollocks, I decided to get the existing wheels refurbished, Soooo......

Twiddling thumbs, big empty space on the drive, ....looking through Autotrader website at LS400's for sale, has anyone clocked this weird one?:-LS400 1998, 78,000 miles,LHD Spanish registered, £4,995. (Trader in Great Missendon, Bucks,not that far from me) I rather think that's a bit wishful thinking, even with a Service History, is it just me,or is that a tad expensive?

You miss it so much you've even had to post twice, how sweet!

I need to get my wheels done soon, like so many LS's they just spoilt the general look by having naff flakey bits.

How much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?

Phil

Put my LS400 into a Wheel-Refurbishment workshop two days ago,hopefully ready Monday,decided after three weeks trying to get new wheels,and although telling potential suppliers about the dreaded LS400 offset problem, they would fail me at the 11th hour just before purchase, telling me they were "not sure now they would fit" after getting fed-up with all this bollocks, I decided to get the existing wheels refurbished, Soooo......

Twiddling thumbs, big empty space on the drive, ....looking through Autotrader website at LS400's for sale, has anyone clocked this weird one?:-LS400 1998, 78,000 miles,LHD Spanish registered, £4,995. (Trader in Great Missendon, Bucks,not that far from me) I rather think that's a bit wishful thinking, even with a Service History, is it just me,or is that a tad expensive?

The Spanish car has been up for sale for a few weeks now and will likely stay that way at that asking price. Still you cant blame the guy from trying.

What is the Offset that you speak of?

Mike

Four days to get the wheels refurbished, I'm sure I saw your LS yesterday being chauffeur driven with ribbons on the bonnet, flowers on the parcel shelf and a young lady dressed in white sat in the rear. :D

The company I used loaned me the things below so they could remove the wheels and leave the car on the drive. Thinking about it I must ring them it's over 6 months since they took them away.

post-12144-0-89817900-1362735403_thumb.j

• Like 1

I did have a choice-leave it on blocks on my drive, or drive it to the guy's workshop -4 miles away-so no real hasstle,re the offset Mike,I find wheel suppliers are a bit unsure about LS wheel offsets,( whether they will clear the caliper, or not) and rather than take a risk buying a set, getting them delivered, then finding problems trying to fit them, -I opted to get the originals refurbed-at least I'll know they fit-of course, sods-law says that now I've posted this, I'll have LOC Members coming out of the woodwork saying they have a spare set of 16" wheels lying in the back of their garage doing nothing...but, hey-ho.....

I did have a choice-leave it on blocks on my drive, or drive it to the guy's workshop -4 miles away-so no real hasstle,re the offset Mike,I find wheel suppliers are a bit unsure about LS wheel offsets,( whether they will clear the caliper, or not) and rather than take a risk buying a set, getting them delivered, then finding problems trying to fit them, -I opted to get the originals refurbed-at least I'll know they fit-of course, sods-law says that now I've posted this, I'll have LOC Members coming out of the woodwork saying they have a spare set of 16" wheels lying in the back of their garage doing nothing...but, hey-ho.....

Why didn't you take up my offer? Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links