Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Malfunction Light (Engine)

Amiya

I had my timing belt and water pump change at the agent. After that, while driving the malfunction light (engine) came on.

I sent the car back to the agent the next day. They scanned the car, mentioned some code and a specific part to be changed (i dont remember which part). They re-set the code in hope that the light will turn off. But if not, then they said that I would need to change the part, which would cost me.

I said that the light was never on before this. However, the representative said that the timing belt and water pump could not have contributed to this.

Is this true? Can somebody advive? The light came back on whilst I drove back.

I'll third it lol... Need that code.

It could be completely unrelated or could have everything to do with it.

The exact same happened to me. Had my timing belt changed at Lexus then the next morning, the Check Engine light was on. I thought they had to be related and I read all sorts on the Internet about timing being out after a change.

Turned out I had a faulty oxygen sensor on the CAT. Completely unrelated, just a coincidence.

Was the code P1349 vvti system malfunction?

If so just wants filter cleaning in oil control valve. Its just in front of oil filler cap under vvti cover. There is a banjo union on right hand side, undo bolt and there's a filter on the end, needs cleaning as it will be blocked.

Was the code P1349 vvti system malfunction?

If so just wants filter cleaning in oil control valve. Its just in front of oil filler cap under vvti cover. There is a banjo union on right hand side, undo bolt and there's a filter on the end, needs cleaning as it will be blocked.

is there a picture or diagram shown where it's actual looks like.... i'm a bit nooby here :geek:

thanks

Hi , as Pete has said ,cleaning out the filter will probably cure fault 1349 however if the code is 1346

(vvt sensor circuit range/performance problem ) then the cause is almost certainly the cam belt timing which will be 1 tooth out .This happened to me when I changed the timing belt although I was very careful and checked everything ,after a re-check I found it to be 1 tooth out (it still ran OK but with the light illuminated) . I would take it back to whoever did the work and ask for the code . if it is 1346 get them to remove the cam belt cover and double check their work .

Dave

Hi , as Pete has said ,cleaning out the filter will probably cure fault 1349 however if the code is 1346

(vvt sensor circuit range/performance problem ) then the cause is almost certainly the cam belt timing which will be 1 tooth out .This happened to me when I changed the timing belt although I was very careful and checked everything ,after a re-check I found it to be 1 tooth out (it still ran OK but with the light illuminated) . I would take it back to whoever did the work and ask for the code . if it is 1346 get them to remove the cam belt cover and double check their work .

Dave

shud thanks 'IanS200' :zee:

• 2 weeks later...

please refrain from posting spam links, This is a car enthusiasts site not computer gaming. :whistling:

Edited by IanS200
spam links

• 2 weeks later...

why do my engine light come on after driving 60 to 70 miles whaen i reset ecu what could be the fault has the leaxus frive mint. its a lexus is200 sport 2001 i done the lamba sensor that was 1 of faults and the other was air temparture sensor. its just puzzeling me has car drives mint just been service too. does any one have a idea

why do my engine light come on after driving 60 to 70 miles when i reset ecu what could be the fault has the lexus drives fine. its a lexus is200 sport 2001 i done the lamba sensor that was 1 of faults and the other was air temparture sensor. its just puzzeling me has car drives mint just been service too.

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks could some one give me alittle idea of what could be coursing my engine light to come on my lexus is200 sport. i had it plugged in on diagnostic and came up with a lamba reading also air temp reading had them done and stil comes on after 100 miles 50 miles 17 miles it varies but the car drives faultess even when the lights on or off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links