Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Got the car back from having my wheels on the '98 LS400 done, they are the original 5-spoke, and they came up a treat, Lexus Milton Keynes Spares Dept coughed-up 4 plastic wheel-caps, complete with logo-they were old stock, the guy charged me £10......I was so taken aback, -I gave him £20,this, along with the car being given a complete valeting, has brought the old girl up to scratch-I have to say the car looks really amazing, I would upload photos of the car, but am finding it difficult on my Iphone, -so will borrow a laptop as soon as, and post images, I am so amazed at how well the car looks now-I want to buy another LS..............

Got the car back from having my wheels on the '98 LS400 done, they are the original 5-spoke, and they came up a treat, Lexus Milton Keynes Spares Dept coughed-up 4 plastic wheel-caps, complete with logo-they were old stock, the guy charged me £10......I was so taken aback, -I gave him £20,this, along with the car being given a complete valeting, has brought the old girl up to scratch-I have to say the car looks really amazing, I would upload photos of the car, but am finding it difficult on my iPhone, -so will borrow a laptop as soon as, and post images, I am so amazed at how well the car looks now-I want to buy another LS..............

Look forward to seeing the pics. Mike

@cruisermark-they were a set lying around the parts store-he hasn't got any more unfortunately, I have 4 old caps-but only two Lexus logos, but they are available from Lexus-though.

You are welcome to my old caps, if you need them? Iain.

I'm lost. He wanted £10 you gave £20?

Brilliant nothing wrong with that, I often give more if I feel its worth it. When I recently had another door fitted to my LS after paying the bill which was £65 I went and gave the guy who did the job £10 he didn't ask for anything and was so surprised and hesitant about taking it, total cost £75 still a bargain. We are all guilty of complaining and often with good cause but its also good to recognise good service and demonstrate it. Mike

No we can't compare your scenario to his.

Yours was an honest hard worker running his own place and would genuinely appreciate the tenner etc.

The dealer isn't in the same boat at all.

OP would have been better giving a tenner to the dealer and a tenner to a charity on behalf of the dealer IMO.

The dealer doesn't need an extra tenner at all.

That £10 might be the difference between the dealer staying afloat or not . Then Keith would have no where to go for cheap bits he still got them £300 cheaper than list price. A bit of good will goes a long way for the next time he goes in there. :D

That £10 might be the difference between the dealer staying afloat or not . Then Keith would have no where to go for cheap bits he still got them £300 cheaper than list price. A bit of good will goes a long way for the next time he goes in there. :D

I agree, it's only a tenner, and dealer or not, it shows appreciation beyond a thank you. Next time Keith goes in they'll recognise him for the decent bloke he is.

Never thought a tenner would cause such a debate, I'm an old Scots guy who was brought up in the 'old school', the Lexus parts guy who sold me the wheel-caps, had found them in a corner somewhere in the warehouse,when I asked him how much he wanted for them, he said, 'just give me a tenner' given the fact that they are so difficult and expensive to find, I figured I was getting a bargain, ( although used, they were in excellent condition) so, to show my gratitude, and, he made it clear the money was going into his own pocket, AND I may have occasion in the future to use that particular Parts Dept again, I thought it prudent to drop him a twenty, -not a fortune these days-but might buy him a drink or two, I'm gonna have to lie -down now, all this typing has tired me out.........

Ohh I thought it was all official with an invoice etc etc.

I take it back if it was going straight into his pocket and all the effort he put into getting it!

Ohh I thought it was all official with an invoice etc etc.

I take it back if it was going straight into his pocket and all the effort he put into getting it!

I do hope Lexus MK don't read this thread, it might be worth redacting the odd word, well its good enough for the those criminals that call themselves MPs its good enough for us the people they are meant to serve. Mike

Steady-on Mike,-we dont want to contaminate the LOC Forums by even writing the word MP..........Iain.

Sorry I don't know what came over me. I'm feeling better now. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links