Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Pics Of My Is200

As requested by some of you guys in the "New Members Area", see below some pics of my new pride and joy. She's 13 years old and the paint was in pretty bad shape when I got it. Nothing a clay bar, some detailing spray, polish and a sealant couldnt sort it. The paint has a second lease on life after I spent the day working on it....

I need to urgently tint the windows and, when I gather up the cash, fit a set of 35mm H&R Springs...

post-46625-0-87574000-1364669640_thumb.j

post-46625-0-92104000-1364669647_thumb.j

post-46625-0-01286200-1364669657_thumb.j

post-46625-0-68549700-1364669665_thumb.j

post-46625-0-38739700-1364669675_thumb.j

Great! Thanks for the compliments guys ;-)

Ian - I dont have the cash for the H&R's in any event ;-) I do wish I could tint the windows soon though.....It keeps the car a lot cooler and the harsh African sun can be cruel to upholstery!

Just out interest, check out these pics of the paintwork before and after the clay bar treatment. The car had little black spots all over it - no polish would remove it..

post-46625-0-95794200-1364671709_thumb.j

Below pic was after claying the paint, polishing, the sealing with a wax. No more spots and it feels as smooth as glass

post-46625-0-53167200-1364671743_thumb.j

Wow. A bit of elbow grease eh. Looks good.

Indeed! It took me all of 8 hours to finish the job!

Wash --> clay --> Wash --> apply Autoglym paint renovater --> apply Autoglym Super Resin Polish --> apply wax sealant...... I'm still in pain 24 hours later ;-)

Look at the contaminants which came off the roof!

post-46625-0-71714400-1364672700_thumb.j

Where in SA do u live? I lived in cape town for a year and also Pretoria for 6 months and Bloemfontein for 6 months.

Beautiful country! :)

Hey Chris - I live in Johannesburg....Thanks for the compliment...its a beautiful country indeed!

Raymond - Nope, I dont speak Dutch, but do understand a bit of Afrikaans :-)

Never been there but have a few friend that live there.

Afrikaans is a funny language to listen to when you're Dutch. It's Dutch but then with some added language of their own. I would love to visit one day B)

Ian - nope...it's NEVER freezing rain...hehhe...not where I live.

Yup, I have been told Afrikaans is derived from Dutch. It's weird because when I read Dutch, I can somehow make out what the person is saying.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links