Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Whats the best year Ls430 , equipment etc .promised myself i would not buy another car but a 4x4 , importing a Lx is so expensive , dont never did like the look of the rx , so i will get another Ls to go with our 400s .when not sure but it will arrive , 2001 -2002s are going for mrk4 Ls400 money so i am thinking 2004/5 ?.your taughts will be appriciated..

Going along the same lines as the LS400, the series IV has always been regarded as the best version because all the previous niggles from earlier models had been ironed out, there again a few new ones had also been introduced ( the suspension height sensor arms for example) but overall it is considered the best version.

Using the same logic this would suggest the later LS430s would be the best bet.

From what I understand AS is just as reliable as springs but the pain kicks in if and when it goes wrong, when I bought my import I wasn't as clued up but fortunately it has springs not air.

Main things to look for is a level car front to back and side to side, any failure warning lights on the dash and does it change height when you hit the button.

Also try and check the car when it has been stood overnight, if there is a leaking strut you will then be able to tell.

I do intend keeping my mrk 4 , 00 reg wife to be uses the other , so i wont be stuck , just havd to find the right one , just have to change my surround sound speakers first and there not cheap either.Did they come in long wheel base ?

I can't remember a LWB model with the 430 or 460 only with the 600 but there again at £101k I think it's deserved!

Have a read on the link below, it only mentions AS on the sheet so not sure if a spring version was made.

http://lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/UK%20Lexus%20Spec%20Sheet%20LS430.pdf

When I was reading up on the reliability of the LS430 before I bought mine 3 years ago I remember one magazine writer saying the first and last years of the production run were the most reliable.

Mine is an early 2001 car, with air suspension, and I have covered 56,000 miles in 3 years, with only one fault. (A small solenoid on the inlet manifold.)

I also remember talking to an LS430 owner who had bought one of he first cars from new and covered over 100,000 miles in 4 years. Asked him if he had had any faults? No, was the answer!

The S Class Merc I had before it had over 15 faults in 2 years before I traded it in for the LS. Best move I've made in years.

John N

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links