Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Scraping, Ringing, Metallic Noise

Got a strange noise coming from one of the wheels on the off-side of my LS. When turning right (even a gentle turn), I think it is the front wheel makes a kind of ringing, metallic scraping type sound.

I'm guessing wheel bearing?

Second guess, is something in the suspension but I would have thought that would make a permanent noise as it goes up and down quite a bit on our rubbish roads here in Cheshire.

Might be a pad not retreating enough and gently scrapping the disc. Mike

Pop the offending wheel off and manually turn the hub and listen, as Bluesman said it may be a pad rubbing, caliper may just need a good clean.

Obviously get the car safe to jack up first before you remove the wheel :whistling:

All the above plus check the disc guard/shield thingy for some thing lodged in there like a stone or as they tend to rust see if it is still secure as it may be catching the disc.

Pop the offending wheel off and manually turn the hub and listen, as Bluesman said it may be a pad rubbing, caliper may just need a good clean.

Obviously get the car safe to jack up first before you remove the wheel :whistling:

Can one of you (JPJSavage/Maduggo) grow a beard and wear contact lenses, I thought for a minute you were giving advice on your own problem. Mike

• Like 1

Can one of you (JPJSavage/Maduggo) grow a beard and wear contact lenses, I thought for a minute you were giving advice on your own problem. Mike

Caught me out a couple of times as well - are you guys twins? You could photothingy your pictures - an eye patch or a parrot on your shoulder would look good.

Bren

• Like 1

Although Maduggo seems to lean to the right, and I definitely lean to the left? Is that not distinction enough?

Look at our avatar's my head is tilted one way and Jpjsavage's head is tilted the other, tis simplicity.

And mine seems bigger but we won't pass comments on that will we boys and girls :whistling:

• Like 1

All the above plus check the disc guard/shield thingy for some thing lodged in there like a stone or as they tend to rust see if it is still secure as it may be catching the disc.

This is exactly what happened on my dear departed MK111. Managed to pull the thing off and chucked it away - problem solved.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links