Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Going To Look At A57 Plate 250

Having got rid of the old 200 last year i'm after a new car. Spotted this on here at Lexus Liverpool.

http://m.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_nm_ve_vi&ctr=1609629&vhl=602977189&srcmdc=se_nm_re_

Went to have a quick look tother day and was instantly inpressed.

Not to familiar with the new is so what do you think of it?

The launch of the new IS is round the corner. It's probably not a good time to buy a 2IS unless you are buying what's left of the stock. My recommendation would be to wait a month or two and then you will probably get more value for money.

Do you think i could use that as a negotiating point?

Certainly....use it your advantage and be prepared to walk away...surprising what responses that generates.

I found the cars with sat nav and ML to be at a premium when i bought mine 3 months ago ( as much as i wanted these I decided to go without as the standard stereo was good enough for my ears and I bought a garmin + i got a good deal with a dealer).

I recommend you use autotrader to compare with similar spec vehicles to gauge realistic prices.

The advantage of a dealer is the 1 year warranty which i think they normally sell for £700 odd and the European roadside assistance that they gave me.

I second browsing auto trader to get a feel of the market. You can also put the keyword 'SE-L' in to view this specific model only. SE-L has maximum spec.

Look at the pictures too though. Just being an SE-L does not mean it will have a SAT-NAV.

There doesnt seem to be many out there with the same spec and low mileage as the one in lexus liverpool.

Any i do are similarily priced.

Going for a test drive today anyway so well see what happens. Watch this space

As “Exdee” has said I would wait a couple of months, if
people who buy new cars change them after around 5 years you may find that with
the new IS coming out in July there may be a few more 5 year old + around to
choose from.

So went for a test drive. Car drove brilliantly, engine was silent, no strange sounds that i could hear. Interior was spotless. On the whole a great example.

Now the price. If im going to buy it would be outright as lexus finance was too high an apr. got it better elsewere.

Basically the lowest they will go is 10k from the 10,990 list price. Ive walked away saying i want to go less than 10k.

What do you think?

What i found with dealers is that you can also negotiate in other ways, lets say get the 60k service thrown in incl spark plugs. Something that would cost you allot, but them allot less.

I got my car serviced pre purchase and they also replaced 2 tyres.

Not sure if it would be right to compare a SR with a SE with sat nav and ML stereo (which is quite rare). There are also other differences between the cars (apologise in advance as i am blocked from looking at the picture of your car at work).

SR - Bodykit and larger alloys

SE - Leather (which is a must have for me)

Not sure if it would be right to compare a SR with a SE with sat nav and ML stereo (which is quite rare). There are also other differences between the cars (apologise in advance as i am blocked from

looking at the picture of your car at work). SR - Bodykit and larger alloys SE - Leather (which is a must have for me)

If leather and nav is your thing i agree but for me leather is cold in the winter and hot in the summer and creeks and goes plus and sat nav i have had in previous cars i have found a pain and hardly used . I am not saying the SR is better but for me its not worse either as i like my seats in cloth (odd i know) you also get alloy pedals and scuff plates and it looks so much better visually when you walk up to it imo. I could have bought a se-l for the same kind of money as there is know difference in second hand prices (just look on autotrader and type SR) like i said im not saying its better but sayiing you can not compare it with an se is wrong for me anyway

Guess will have to agree to disagree. And like you said depends on what options the individual values in the car.

No worries , your car is a cracking version and I would probably agree with the comparison if it was just a base model in terms of spec but you usually find Limited Edition models in what ever form still hold there money reasonably well.

How many cars have you looked at and driven? Do try as many as you can. In my experience of car buying...never 'fall in love' with the first car you see.

I so nearly did the same when I started looking around. Thought I'd found 'the one' at a L dealer..58 plate, low miles, one owner, SEL, fully loaded. Went away to think hard then went back two days later...dunno what...but something was making me hold back. Went back again another two days later and it was gone.

Kept looking and trying as many as I could get to. Out of blue found a 2010 model for £5 more than the 58 plater. Ok it was a private sale but she still had 4 months warranty from Lexus. Knew it was right as soon as I drove the car. Never dreamed I would get up to the facelift model on my budget.

What I'm trying to say is...see as many as you can and don't allow yourself to be rushed into anything. It's not the end of the world if you don't have a car for a few weeks is it? Above all, You buy the car that You want...it's your hard earnt, spend it thoughtfully.

Good luck.

I bought mine a few months ago - 2007 is250 SE-L with 70k on the clock. I bought my last IS200 2004 LE with 60k on the clock and put a further 40k on it before I bought this latest one.

Problems with both of these - none other than looking after them.

I wouldn't be put off by looking for a low mileage one as these are reliable cars. In some respects (would need someone to verify this) buying a low miler car can give trouble as it shows it hasn't been driven as its been intended ie if a 2005 car having 20k on the clock then that would indicate to me that it had been used for short runs (school and shopping runs) and probably not looked after that well. If you consider that the value and desirability of the car, I think almost any car, drops after 50k then consider that when looking - if you plan to keep the low mileage car you were looking at for a few years and you will take it over 50k then look at the advantages of buying a high miler.

What I am trying to say is don't be put off by the high mileage ones out there - they will be a lot cheaper than the low ones and more value for money - just look for a full service history.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i inevitably went and bought the one from lexus ha.

To be fair i'm made up with it. Its got loads of spec, spotless insode and out, full lex service history,

And as a bonus when i went to pick it up, there was a tracker folder in the glove box!!

Im well chuffed with that. Next payday im

Going to get it set up. Pay membership for the life of the car as keeping this motor for a while now.

Something i'd like to do with it is get hid's put on. Anyone point me in the right direction in order to do them?

Pics to follow

Congratulations, look forward to the pics! I am also looking to purchase an IS250. Looking around, there seems to be quite a price hike to when looking at post-facelifted cars especially as SE-L MM, upto £17k for a 2010 model

Considering the IS250 is no longer a current model, it seems a bit daft to pay that much.

Apart from the revised styling, headlights etc is the facelift worthy of such a premium?

What would be the best compromise in terms of model to get and value for money.

Thanks

Well i inevitably went and bought the one from lexus ha.

To be fair i'm made up with it. Its got loads of spec, spotless insode and out, full lex service history,

And as a bonus when i went to pick it up, there was a tracker folder in the glove box!!

Im well chuffed with that. Next payday im

Going to get it set up. Pay membership for the life of the car as keeping this motor for a while now.

Something i'd like to do with it is get hid's put on. Anyone point me in the right direction in order to do them?

Pics to follow

Well done!

So did you get it for less than 10k?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links