Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From N.ireland, New Member Lookin First Is200

B11TME

Hi peeps...My name is Keith and i am from Newtownards in N.Ireland, I am finally going to buy a IS200 and thats why i am here :) Well after having high insurance the last 3 years its came down to a respectable price for me to afford to get a IS200 Sport...

Its a car i have wanted for some years now and now i am looking at buying one so i knew this would be the best place to stop first before going looking for one.

Can anyone give me any tips on what i should look out for when buying a IS200? Bad things and good things! I don't have much money to go out and buy a real mint car so i am on a budget and thats kinda why i want you guys to tell me what to look out for. Any help would be great :)

• Like 1

In addition to stuff to look out for heres a little info on the car

If you want a sport you'll have a few additional toys like tinted windows, lowered sus, stiffer springs, passenger leccy seat, sports steering wheel, LSD, Only options were sat nav, cream or black interior, parking sensors and i think HID lights, aero alloys and some special colours. After 2001 the car had a little over haul and with updated interior. cosmetic. There were also accessories like a body kits, mud flaps, mats chrome tip exhuast to say a few. talking of colours what colours do you take to?

Also when buying obviously try and get one that has had recent service, plugs, cambelt, tyres, brakes, shocks. the usual. Save you some cash in the near future, check advisory's. if anything need doing knock a bit off. Cambelt was coming up on mine so knocked £100 off and then some for other defects. Its the obvious with these cars really, nothing goes wrong except for wear and tear, maintenance items such as listed above and anything else you can think of. Only thing with mine was brake caliper but i class that as wear and tear for the age personally. If one is cheap its cheap because stuff needs doing like listed. parts are cheap but theres always labour. alot of how to guides on here tho

• Like 2

Thanks guys thats very helpful, Not scared to work on a car as i have owned a 200sx S13 so that says it all lol, 4 turbos later and i had to sell it :P

I am on a very tight budget to buy one so i know i am not gona get a perfect one and i am willing to travel to England to get one as they seem to cost a fair bit over here. My father lives in Manchester so its not too bad and he owns his own body shop so again bodywork does not need to be perfect. But what you have told me and after reading that thread i think i am making the right decision and buying a is200 sport. Hope i can get one with all the goodies lol.

well if you know a thing or two about cars and know how to do maintenance and more AND you have a body shop in the family your sorted!

look forward to seeing what you find, keep us posted

btw where you from then?

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I think the guys have covered most points, I can't really add to it as I've never had an IS200 but came close once when my LS400 was damaged but went for the GS300 as a temporary replacement.

Do you have to re-register the car for N.I. or is it just the Republic?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links