Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sat Nav

car is a non-sat nav model.

I have the full original sat nav system from another IS200 which comes with screen/casing, remote ,cd rom unit, remote/casing and wiring loom.

is it possible to put this in the non-sat nav model IS200.

where would the wiring loom run through & will my standard cd head unit work with it.

anything else would I need -

adios' amigos'

hello to be honest with you it is possible as with everything however it is not worth the hassle nor trouble as you will have to take out the entire interior for starters,and even then there no guarantee that your car has the relevant connections for the wiring loom,so you are better trying to fit something like a Sony sat nav into the OEM housing and using it that way,there are threads on here that you could also go through.hope this helps

It is possible BUT you will need all dash loom from same model year as yours, all the drivers side loom from footwell to rear parcel shelf and into boot.Then there's the extras like GPS antenna under parcel shelf. control unit in centre console

You have to remove every bit of the interior, Dash, seats, carpet, sill trims,parcel shelf, boot trim, centre console.

If you search for "Raymond "he had a pic of loom ect that he removed from an is200 i broke for parts.

sound like a huge big job "unplug" everything (entire interior) before you can "plug and play"...

if you have a double din touch screen just connect to the sat nav housing unit (off course you havta mod the sat nav unit first) as a top second screen coz get a lot complaint the stereo screen sat too low

read few diy guys try to install a full original sat nav system from another IS200 but ended selling the lot in the end.

as Ian say "you will need all dash loom from same model year as yours" making sure it does works or you gonna sit there scratching your head like a cute pug

if you know what you doing you could give it a try

good luck :zee:

and this is why i waited for a IS with navi to pop up ;)

I would just use the motorised housing and house a aftermarket kit in it. Its more up to date also. Unless your willing to do all above ofcourse

I really wanted a navi until I test drove one with a nav and realised its not as good as my Tom Tom and to be honest is pretty dated and rubbish. :whistling:

Not trying to offend anybody that likes the factory nav but to me it's just not an important feature of the car anymore as its getting older all the time and you can't update it!

hi,will have to disagree with you there,although its more tedious to use as has no postcode function and yes its getting old etc,however if you have an up to date disc once you get over the hassle of inputting the address it is more or less spot on and works a treat,no waiting for satellite signals etc.Have a tom tom I bought for my misses and that some times take more than 5 minutes just to find a satellite signal.

Yes i can update mine up to 2007 im pretty sure, reason i havent is you can only get the update from http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ and quoted me £98. Not alot of money for some, but for me its not something i have lying around atm. If you have the DVD based system it can be updated up to now and the DVDs can be bought for cheaper also.

I also prefer guidance on the Lexus apposed to tom tom i have to say, meaning the guidance instructions given visually and voice, not the interface, admittedly its not the most user friendly, but that aside.... Once up and running its clearer and more accurate than tomtom ive found with some clever unique touches. I use co-pilot as a backup but have hardly had to use it, i just spend a bit of time checking the route given on the lex before setting off against google, sounds like alot of hassle but when planning a long journey i dont mind. Went to the coast with it a few months back and was spot on as those backroads through wales havent changed alot over time im guessing, however I can see this been a problem for ppl who rely on GPS more than me, i do the occasional trip, day out but dont use GPS for frequent business trips or anything like that, so suites me ok. I also like that its querky, retro with its little infa red remote and also rare :) I also respect and apriciate the 1st owner for falking out 2k on it which is around what i bought the whole car for! lol

also waze for traffic and other alerts. amazing app btw

If i had the time and money ide do what Ian has done and put a android system in there, that would be cool

Personally, and I know we're all different, but to me the only thing about the built in sat-nav is that it looks nice and makes a feature out of the top of the dash. But other than that, it's rubbish; it's archaic, a faff to use (compared to a modern touchscreen nav) and lacks so many features.

For a fraction of the price (and a millionth of the effort) you can buy and fit an up to date touchscreen nav unit, that is not only much better in terms of maps, and routing, but loaded with so many more features, and also portable.

The other option, if you really want the flip up screen, is to buy the motorised housing, rip out the screen, fit an after market screen in it's place, get a bit fancy with a soldering iron, and wire it into the car. Boom - up to date nav, but in the stock looking housing.

That was going to be something I was going to do, but I've not bothered. For two reasons - 1) I'm a fussy git and so far haven't found the aftermarket nav that ticks all the boxes for me, and 2) I so rarely need/use a sat nav, that the rare times I do, I just use the Google Maps or apple Maps app on my phone...

Personally, and I know we're all different, but to me the only thing about the built in sat-nav is that it looks nice and makes a feature out of the top of the dash. But other than that, it's rubbish; it's archaic, a faff to use (compared to a modern touchscreen nav) and lacks so many features.

For a fraction of the price (and a millionth of the effort) you can buy and fit an up to date touchscreen nav unit, that is not only much better in terms of maps, and routing, but loaded with so many more features, and also portable.

I agree. Even though I have a built-in nav unit on my RX most of the time I just use an app on my Iphone. Much better in every way other than a smaller screen.

I've fitted a 7" mio touchscreen sat nav in mine, with built in tv tuner, music player, and plays films on sd card , all sound comes through car speakers.

Looks oem and no suckers on windscreen.

I've fitted a 7" mio touchscreen sat nav in mine, with built in tv tuner, music player, and plays films on sd card , all sound comes through car speakers.

Looks oem and no suckers on windscreen.

would love to see the picture if i may :innocent:

I really wanted a navi until I test drove one with a nav and realised its not as good as my Tom Tom and to be honest is pretty dated and rubbish. :whistling:

Not trying to offend anybody that likes the factory nav but to me it's just not an important feature of the car anymore as its getting older all the time and you can't update it!

52 but rocking a 05/06 disc so its not as bad as it could be! But it is a bit outdated now I've got back acquainted with it, but wanted to the exact same spec so had to have it.

The flip up is damn cool though!

wow surprised knowone checked out Ian Mio at the last meet, i would of been all over it! sounds awesome.

It deffo fills the gap and that alone is enough for me, im just weird like that lol but for me i find it more convenient to use the factory navi thats ready and waiting for my input and also cuts out any music on my speaker (so can still blast my tunes) than loading the app on my phone that has a unreliable gps fix and also rely's on a slow laggy data connection. Like i said i have co-pilot which has maps on the SD, so no lag but it has no major additional features to the car navi except for little querks like post code entry and european maps

I went through the dilemma of either getting a the car with the factory nav or not and putting in a system like Ian's either in the top or a double din. I soon realised either way i can have all the same features by using a GROM or similar for BT and Audio and a parking senor kit, which is all ide want from a aftermarket anyway.so tried to find one with a navi as to me this was a bonus as i like the stock look, dont like suckers and like i said find the lexus navi brilliant (until it makes me lost with the old maps lol- yet to happen)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links