Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello... Just Ordered A New F-Sport

Hi... New member here. I have not had a Lexus since a 1998 LS 400. I tried to buy a CT200 a couple of years ago but ended up with a Prius but really like the Hybrid drive... I swapped a Jag XFR for the prius and really havn't missed the power although I did miss the luxury which is what tempted me to get the IS300h. So hopefully at the begining of September I will have an Ultra Blue F Sport. I only opted for the Nav as I liked the standard interior and there were not too many other options.

Hi... New member here. I have not had a Lexus since a 1998 LS 400. I tried to buy a CT200 a couple of years ago but ended up with a Prius but really like the Hybrid drive... I swapped a Jag XFR for the prius and really havn't missed the power although I did miss the luxury which is what tempted me to get the IS300h. So hopefully at the begining of September I will have an Ultra Blue F Sport. I only opted for the Nav as I liked the standard interior and there were not too many other options.

Welcome David - exact same spec as me and I'm also expecting to take delivery for the beginning of September even though the car is more likely to arrive within the next two weeks (I think waiting a little longer will be worth while to get the new reg).

I have an Ultra Blue CT courtesy car at the moment and I've got to say it is a fantastic colour and will suit the F Sport perfectly.

Thanks for the welcome... Yes the car will be at the dealers this week... I am just waiting for my private plate to be taken off of the Prius... DVLA seem to take forever nowadays... Also as it is a private purchase I will wait for the new plate change for September. The blue looks fatastic on the car having had so many black or white cars over the last few years blue will make a nice change. Looking at the brochure they say the F Sport has the option of the adaptive suspension... I was never offered this... Seems to need you to have the navigation option but is not listed in the price list... does this mean it comes with the navigation option? Just curious as the sport seems firm enough anyway!

apparently the adaptive suspension was a last minute additional option for the F Sport in the UK due to press feedback on handling etc.

Seems Lexus GB have done a poor job in communicating this as their web site isn't up to date, some dealers don't know about it and the brochures are out of date.

I think it is a £750 option on top of the Nav option - you don't get it as standard with Nav.

apparently the adaptive suspension was a last minute additional option for the F Sport in the UK due to press feedback on handling etc.

Seems Lexus GB have done a poor job in communicating this as their web site isn't up to date, some dealers don't know about it and the brochures are out of date.

I think it is a £750 option on top of the Nav option - you don't get it as standard with Nav.

That seems about the right money... I bought the adaptive air suspension on the last Merc I had and only really used it three times to wade through puddles... So that worked out at about £500 per puddle :)

From the information available on the Lexus version it just seems like it just changes the compression rates on the dampers so I wouldn't even get to use it on puddles!

The Lexus UK web site is still a bit of a disaster, tbh. For example, it doesn't actually offer leather seats as an "option" on luxury trim - it definitely is, because I have them!

I think it could do with a bit of work, because people do make calls based on options available!

coming from a web design background i can confirm their website is rubbish!

so if you have the adaptive suspension isnt it true you cant make it any softer? ide only have it if the could go softer

coming from a web design background i can confirm their website is rubbish!

so if you have the adaptive suspension isnt it true you cant make it any softer? ide only have it if the could go softer

I totally agree with you, there is no point in having adaptive suspension if the only options are very hard and very, very hard, there needs to be a softer option.

We know that putting the system in S+ will stiffen the suspension. What we don't know, without test driving it, is whether the standard setting is softer than the 300h with just normal suspension.

I agree regarding the website, it is a utter dogs breakfast which is strange when Lexus get so many things right.

The last time I looked it gave you the leather option for the luxury spec.but not for the satnav, which I was a little concerned about until I.J.P. mentioned he had it.

I think ill have to lookat the old fashioned brochure to get a better understand of whats what

So have lexus lost one of its traits of having an amazing ride? even the 3er has a comfort mode

Just been down to sign the final paperwork... The car looks good in the flesh... Will look super once the plastic is removed and it is polished up! Only a couple of more weeks to wait!

• 3 weeks later...

OK well it is on the drive just waiting until midnight! :megaangry:

lexus1.jpg

lexus2.jpg

Fantastic, only a few hours to go! I have to wait until 10AM!

That colour looks stunning, I nearly went for it myself but have gone for the Sonic Titanium with the Dark Rose leather. Pics tomorrow.

Look forward to your early thoughts on the car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links