Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have friend who can't make his mind up as to go for the VW or LS. I have heard that the Phaeton is no where near as reliable as the LS. I have heard they come with loads of electrical problems. I said I would ask on here if anyone can advise or if anyone has any knowledge on these cars. He wants the petrol, not diesel. Not bothered with LPG or not.

Tom.

Funny the phaeton would be one car I would consider against an LS, Not as reliable ( but nothing is) it was the swansong car from the head of VW before he retired.A v6 petrol one would be a good option if he was going to lpg it.

I'm sure it it is a very nice car & good value for money BUT repair bills are going to be costly & it will go wrong.

So if bombproof reliability is what your friend wants go for an LS if he is willing to chance some hefty repair bills try a Phaeton.

The best thing to do is drive them both & see.

ps I will be sticking with my LS 400 mark4 & will no doubt get another one if something untoward happens to this one.

Hi, The trouble is, he loves both. He would go for the 5 litre one. But very worried about future problems. He drove mine just after he test drove a Pheaton. There was a 3 year age gap between the two. He was very surprised. 1st LS he has driven.. It will be interesting to see which way this goes. Thanks for the input from everyone.

I drove behind a Phaeton a few weeks ago and I didn't even realise it was one until I got close. To me (the older one) looks like a big Passat. whereas the Ls400 will never be mistaken for any other car :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links