Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can any one help? On the trip it said I had 63 miles left. I put in £15. The fuel guage went up, but the trip still said 63 miles left. I have seen in other threads that the res you have least 60 miles range left. This is petrol, not LPG. Thanks in advance.

I have then gone and filled up to the top and trip resets itself. I have known the trip read zero, and gauge read half way between quarter and empty. What are you to believe. When does the res light come on.

I know the reserve light comes on at 42 range in my ls400 so I never let it hit reserve, I have never seen the reserve light come on since the day I bought the car, whenever I see the range at 44 I go and fill up

Well guys, i don't have a " range " left gauge .. but when it hits the reserve / orange there's usually 12 litres left in the tank ..... old fashioned petrol that is !! that's about 60 - 70 miles i reckon

Malc

I know it's all down to finance in the end,but I try not to let mine go below 100-130 on the trip,on the other hand,for years,I always carried a gallon can,just in case I ever ran out,nowadays,I don't even do that,makes me too nervous...

i had that happen on mine once ,the trip stayed at the same mileage,i knew how much id put in,it went down to zero,for a while,as id put in six gallons i assumed it would be ok, it was,it reset ok at next fill up,i think if i remember my light comes on at 50 miles

My Mk 3 has no RANGE LEFT readout facility but by keeping very accurate records over 15 months/6000 miles I have been able to establish that my warning light comes on after I have used about 15 gals. of petrol. The tank capacity as per Handbook is 18.7 gals. Therefore using an average mpg of 25 this means that the RANGE LEFT is 25 x 3.7 = 92.5 miles. From this I conclude that the warning light assumes a very conservative LEFT RANGE.

My Mk4's warning light goes on at about 40 miles LEFT RANGE. Again, my experience is very similar to the Mk 3, that is, 15 gals. will take me to a FULL tank. So again, the RANGE LEFT readout is very conservative in the Mk 4, and with good reason.

From the above I conclude that if you refuel as soon as practicable after the warning light comes on you will certainly have a 'cushion' of at least 60 miles before you run into real trouble.

Pepe

My Mk4 has a shade under 2 gallons left when the light comes on.

Also noticed when you top up the tank to full it gives some estimated number (something like 384 miles), and I noticed that this did not drop until I had done about 90 miles on the motorway.

So I tend to ignore the whole lot and just drive, and fill up with 15 miles of the light coming on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links