Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We're cabined up and hatches battened down today as the Force 10 heads South. When it clears I'll post pics. This system is second hand. It came off one of the sellers previous cars, so no idea how old it is. The seller has 4 cars, 3 x V8's and an XF Jag all of which he's gassed himself.

It is just going to be out of tune slightly thats all

If you are to get hold of an EOBD scanner that will plug into it and look at your fuel trims they should be at 0% fluctuating as close as posible to that

Hi Adam, Afraid I've never used a digital gadget on any car and reluctant to do so, and would rather not faff on in case I begger up any or all of the settings. Thanks.

has suggested a module to rectify the EML problem or take out the bulb.

"......................................" speechless !!!!!

Can you upload some photos of under the bonnet seeming as though you said that they are unhappy with the install.

I'm wondering if the problem can be spotted just by looking at what is installed.

i.e if the vaporiser is the small 140bhp and you give it a load of right foot it will clearly run weak putting your light on

If the injectors are old skool and are too slow to keep up with the car this can happen too

LexusVAD010_zps56d913e6.jpg

LexusVAD005_zpse947ea5a.jpg

LexusVAD002_zps97194ebc.jpg

Here are 3 pics of main LPG components

Sorry to hijack this, but I have lpg on my ls400 and just wanted to ask, when the car runs on LPG, does the range thing still suppose to go down even though I have enough fuel in the tank?

After seeing the system that is installed I would have no idea where to begin. It is a second hand gas system so there could be a number of underlying faults there. Especially the fact that it is a really dated bigas system and those injectors, in my opinion, just aren't upto the job. Also the vaporiser has 12mm outlets for water, all new gas systems use 16mm. Reason is simple, to keep it warm under high demand. Even mine under high demand drops in temp. Cruising at 70 the temp in the vaporiser is about 65C if I put my foot to the floor as more gas is needed the temp drops and drops. When I get to about 130mph it steadies off at about 38-40C and starts to climb again. Imagine what yours is doing !

Yours is an oldskool system and it will be fine. Just don't go mad with it

If the management light worries you then I would be looking and a brand new system as you don't know how many miles that system has actually done. If you're not too fussed then just live with it

Only problem is your light will only come on for a reason and if the car develops a serious fault and the light is already on you will not know about any other faults. Hope this makes sense for you

As for the range, expect it to go down as the car thinks it is still using petrol so it is only natural that it will think there is less miles in the tank

Sorry to hijack this, but I have lpg on my ls400 and just wanted to ask, when the car runs on LPG, does the range thing still suppose to go down even though I have enough fuel in the tank?

I have just tuned my car properly with 2 laptops on the go

One for the gas system and the other for techstream

Fuel trims are now perfect fluctuating between +5 and -5 % just like on petrol

Around town my computer shows an average of 24mpg and at 80mph it shows an average of 28mpg but my car has done 250000miles

What MPG is your car returning on gas messi ??

Yeah I put new plugs in mine too

When I bought it it had a misfire on petrol and the previous owner couldn't figure out what cylinder it was on

Anyway the only way I narrowed it down was by gassing the car. I was able to go through it cylinder by cylinder and found out it was cylinder 8 that was misfiring. And even better for me was that when I bought the car I inherited a spare coil pack in the glovebox so I fitted it and misfire is all gone now

I am really happy with the way it drives now it just cruises along really well, can't wait to do my Eurotrip over Christmas

After seeing the system that is installed I would have no idea where to begin. It is a second hand gas system so there could be a number of underlying faults there. Especially the fact that it is a really dated bigas system and those injectors, in my opinion, just aren't upto the job. Also the vaporiser has 12mm outlets for water, all new gas systems use 16mm. Reason is simple, to keep it warm under high demand. Even mine under high demand drops in temp. Cruising at 70 the temp in the vaporiser is about 65C if I put my foot to the floor as more gas is needed the temp drops and drops. When I get to about 130mph it steadies off at about 38-40C and starts to climb again. Imagine what yours is doing !

Yours is an oldskool system and it will be fine. Just don't go mad with it

If the management light worries you then I would be looking and a brand new system as you don't know how many miles that system has actually done. If you're not too fussed then just live with it

Only problem is your light will only come on for a reason and if the car develops a serious fault and the light is already on you will not know about any other faults. Hope this makes sense for you

As for the range, expect it to go down as the car thinks it is still using petrol so it is only natural that it will think there is less miles in the tank

Thanks for all your input Adam, I'm sure all who have been following this will be delighted for the guide lines on fitting an LPG system. My car goes really well and returns good MPG and I dont clog my cars so I'll stick with it. The EML is annoying and you're right, if something was wrong with the car then I wouldn't know, so I'll look to buy a code reader so that I can switch it off when necessary. Taking the bulb out isn't an option. I would like an LS430 but it won't fit in the garage so maybe a GS430 and have a new LPG system fitted. No rush, as in the few months I've had this car, I've been through it and sorted it properly so nowt more to do.

If you get a scanner then get one with the fuel trims so you can watch what they are doing. You may be able to see the problem yourself.

It is going to be something really simple.

That's another thing I will replace aswell the coil pack

Hope it all gets sorted out and runs well for you.

Do you have any photos of the install messi ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links