Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

It Had To Happen Someday!

lexussport

Since selling the GS 430 and buying a TVR I have received lots of comments from LOC about the relabilty of TVR's and what a mistake I was making. :huh:

Well its finally broke down with a failed starter motor :angry:

So where you all right with your comments about reliablity? :huh:

NO Cause the starter motor is from a Nissan Skyline :o :P :P

Let down by :tsktsk: japanese junk.

It should have been a Lexus motor cause they are so reliableeeeeeeee ;)

All TVRs come with a sheet that you fill in and tell the dealers what was wrong with it. I know the tuscans were among the first to adopt this system. and the New 350R Targa has certainly got a few glitches. I met the first one in the country while filling up with optimax... he has a little hole to fill up with and when its full it just p1ssed petrol all over his rear quarter panel. also the lever for the flap is manual and in the boot, Still looked great though!!!

TVR Rules!!

Dave, is yours good for 200mph+ ? And can I have a ride in it some time please? (not at 200mph of course...)

Loz,

If I can get it started it will do just over 200mph, if only it would start :o

Little know fact Tuscans are much more reliable than BMW 3 series "M3" their engines blow up as regular as clockwork (1,000s of far) :D

Shame is nobody talks about that or when they had a TVR versus a boxter on Top Gear and they had to push the boxter into the studio cause the clutch went :P

Still Im not complaining :D

Back in the Day I had one of the 323I Coupe BMWs that had an Engine replacement. Remember they tried a new liner in the bores and it was no good and thousands of the 2.5 6cyl BMW engines were recalled and replaced with "pukka" items. Mine was one of them. BMW are pretty good about recals though. I drove a 318ti compact while mine was sorted... Wasa company car by the way.

TVRs are a great symbol for Britishness. I think they are well 'ard! and never driven by pussies! well not hard anyway...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links