Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gap Insurance & Paint Protection

when placing the order last week for my IS200, I was offered GAP insurance for £399, and paint protection coating for £299.

are these good prices, and are they worth getting? I've never bought or been offered either before

Daz

Gap insurance is worth it for the extra £10-15 per month.

If your car gets stolen the insurance will only offer you the price of the car when stolen. Gap insurance will bridge the amount to give you back what you paid for it.

Its just an extra bit of insurance.

Alternativly... you could go with the LOC approved scheme..

They will pay the 'true' value of the car, of course, there still may be a deficit between the value of the car, and the outstanding HP (which is what GAP is for).

I would definately go for the GAP insurance. I paid £320 for 3 years, so shop around.

I wouldn't go for the paint protection - actually, the paint protection is great, but if it includes the inside (I would expect so at that price) then do a search on this site and you will see mixed views. On mine and a few others, it's just a dust magnet - I ended up using a cleaner several times to get it off. Finger marks show up terribly with it. I imagine foot marks do too but Loz is the one to ask about that.......

Ask them to throw it in for free. They did with mine.

If you do want it, I've seen Supaguard advertised for as low as £150

I'll second that - reckon GAP insurance is worth it. Not sure how they work the price of it out, I paid £300 for 3 yrs.

Supagard treatment seems to depend very much on the dealer. I had it done on a '97 Nissan 200SX from new and it was great. The dealer did it for £200 and the car still looked the dogs after 4 yrs with very little effort. Then I had it done by Lexus on the current car, and it doesn't seem to have made it any easier to clean. :duh: Also, I wouldn't recommend the interior Supagard treatment - turns the inside of the car into a dust magnet! :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links