Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Online Manuals Found :)

Hi Guys,
I thought this was worth a separate topic...

I tracked down the PDF manuals for the IS300h and one for the Nav system. I registered on the Lexus portal and hey presto there is a section for online manuals. Got them both on the iPad now, happy bunny

https://customerportal.lexus-europe.com/login/index.html

Paste the above address in your browser and click on 'Register Here'

You can skip the add a vehicle section of registration and complete the registration process.

Enjoy :)

Can't believe my dealer didn't know this when I asked him about PDF versions of the manuals!! I have emailed him and I hope he is suitably embarrassed :)

Bridgy & mille, got them! Thanks.

I'm going to enjoy immersing myself in them.

I'm hoping they give a better description of the FM radio and Air Con & Climate Control systems.

The guidance in my MY11 IS250 F-Sport Owner's Manual is poor.

Argento

mille, a bit off-topic I know.

But could you tell me how to copy the two .pdf files from my laptop (Windows 7 Explorer) to my iPad?

When I try to copy, I'm getting the error message:

"Cannot copy item. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

Thanks, Argento

Hi Argento, if you get email on your iPad, just email it to yourself and then you should be able to simply open it in iBooks on the iPad. Another way would be to get yourself a Dropbox account ( it's free) and transfer it that way. I'm on a Mac not PC so I was able to simply open the downloaded PDF in iBooks on the Mac and then it was picked up by the iPad when I synced.

Hope this helps

As Bridgy said, these two methods are the simplest. I copied the file via Dropbox, as it's quite big. Otherwise you can use iTunes, click the "Apps" tab in the top row, scroll down and you'll see "File sharing" section - choose your preferred application, iBooks or Adobe Reader for example, put the file in the right box and synch the iPad. It's non-intuitive and cumbersome, sure. One of the reasons I will one day switch to Android for my mobile computing... Just not yet, though. ;)

PS. That's from Mac iTunes, but Windows should be the same. And you do need iTunes, can't copy it with Explorer, as far as I know.

Bridgy &mille, thanks very much.

That does help.

I've learned a lot there.

I'll try all the suggestions.

Then settle on the one that suits me.

I like the posting an email idea.

I've been wanting to open a Dropbox account - now's my chance to try it!

That iTunes option looks good too.

I'm lucky that we've got a nice MacBook Pro 15" Retina - I really do like using that as you can imagine.

One way or another, I'm going to get there - thanks to you, both.

I'll let you know how I get on.

BTW I've looked at the Air Con bit in the new manual on my Acer laptop.

Very interesting and useful.

I'd say that it is better than the description given in my MY11 manual.

But that's probably partly because I understand a bit more about a/c and cc now!

I've noticed that they seem to have dropped the panel of three Air Intake Control buttons.

Those buttons gave you the functionality of choosing Recirc/Auto/Outside, as you probably know.

That functionality is still giving me a lot of trouble.

That is, in understanding how they work and interact with each other.

That's probably why they've dropped them.

Not just because of me, you understand. Ha-ha

I don't think anybody else cares, or understands them anyway.

Argento

Bridgy, right. Thanks.

I'll study that.

< ... if you get email on your iPad, just email it to yourself and then you should be able to simply open it in iBooks on the iPad.>

Sent smaller of the two files ok. No problem.

The big one came back with "not enough memory" or similar error message, on my Acer laptop (1.6GHz, 4Gb Memory and Intel i7-720QM Core processor - should be enough, I would have thought?)

It was a big file though, I must admit.

<Otherwise you can use iTunes, click the "Apps" tab in the top row, scroll down and you'll see "File sharing" section - choose your preferred ....>

Worked. Brilliant.

Lightning fast. Could not believe the speed, >4 seconds maybe.

Delighted. Thanks again.

I'll try the other methods you and mille suggested tomorrow.

Argento

Bridgy, <If you look at page 399, the picture show the recirculate/external buttons just above the hazard button ! >

Ok, got it. Thanks.

We may have to create a new thread on this one, I suppose.

Anyway in the meantime, there is no "AUTO" Air Intake Control buton, right?

They've dropped it.

My MY11 IS250 F-Sport, and the IS-F, apparently, have three buttons.

Recirc, Auto and Outside (air)

Argento

Bridgy and mille, I said that I'd let you know how I got on.

I've opened a DropBox account.

I transferred the file and iBooks picked it up, just like you said.

Brilliant program.

I wished I'd tried it earlier.

BTW when I tried to transfer the file by attaching it to an email and send it from my pc to my iPad.

I got a "file size limit exceeded" or similar error message.

So I just Zipped it and then sent it to my Gmail account on my iPad.

Great. No problem.

Argento

Bridgy and mille, I said that I'd let you know how I got on

I've opened a DropBox account.

Welcome to the cloud then. : )

It's the future of computing. Also, it will trickle down to car dashboards, we'll just need to wait a decade or two for car manufacturers to adopt new technology.

• 10 months later...

I'm thinking of buying the IS 300H and would like to see the handbook before buying. I tried the link https://customerportal.lexus-europe.com/login/index.html

on my PC and found the owner's manual but I get a certificate security error using both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I'm unwilling to proceed in downloading the handbook in view of the dodgy security. Is there another source for the IS 300H owner's handbook?

I'm thinking of buying the IS 300H and would like to see the handbook before buying. I tried the link https://customerportal.lexus-europe.com/login/index.html

on my PC and found the owner's manual but I get a certificate security error using both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I'm unwilling to proceed in downloading the handbook in view of the dodgy security. Is there another source for the IS 300H owner's handbook?

That is the official source, anything else would be less secure. The problem is the way they redirect you to amazon storage to download the pdf.

You can always download the pdf and then virus scan it and then view in a pdf viewer that has all scripting disabled if you are that concerned.

I decided to follow the link and downloaded the user manual OK, being careful to virus scan the file. The Lexus web site security needs sorting out - it is unwise to follow links having certificate errors.

I decided to follow the link and downloaded the user manual OK, being careful to virus scan the file. The Lexus web site security needs sorting out - it is unwise to follow links having certificate errors.

true but most sites wouldn't secure the download anyway - there would then be no warning.

There is no need to use Dropbox or resort to emailing. Once you have located the relevant document in the portal, and opened it on your iPad, tap on the top right hand corner and a small box should open with the option to "Open in iBook". Click on this and the document will open in iBook and be saved for future use. By the way, this works for a wide range of on-line manuals for things like washing machines, cookers, fire alarm systems, TVs and so on. Just Google for the product name or model number, and add "manual" and, if there is a PDF file, you can open it and save it into iBook.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links