Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Walk Up Or Walk Away Auto Headlights

Someone suggested that this happens to their Lexus IS220D. I have seen it on other cars and thought Lexus must have this feature somewhere.

My headlights don't come on when walking up to the car or opening the doors with the remote, can someone help me with this as it would be very handy for this time of the year plus I have new addition to the family so will be perfect if it can de done....I mean press this and less that!!! LOL

Thank you

Can this be switched on with techstream? I tried to connect my car to techstream yesterday but the is220d wasn't listed on it. I need to see if it's listed on any other software versions

Unfortunately for some reason the ' follow you home lights' are not enabled on the UK spec 2IS. In the USA, there is an option (that is adjusted by the dealers) of having the lights on for 30, 60 and 90 seconds after the drivers door is open but this is permanently set to 0 on the UK cars. However, even the USA cars do not have the option of the lights coming on when you open the car. I suppose this would not really work too well as all 2IS models have keyless entry so you have approached the car before the lights come on. I know you could always unlock the car with the fob whilst you walk up to it, but this would deem the keyless entry obsolete .

I asked Lexus Milton Keynes to enable this function on my 2011 250 Advance and they stated it couldn’t be done however they did enable the function to allow all 4 windows to be lowered by holding down the unlock button on the remote as you approach the car. Agreed it does seem strange using the remote rather than keyless but on the (occasional) hot days it's a great function to let air in the car before you get in.

I asked Lexus Milton Keynes to enable this function on my 2011 250 Advance and they stated it couldn’t be done however they did enable the function to allow all 4 windows to be lowered by holding down the unlock button on the remote as you approach the car. Agreed it does seem strange using the remote rather than keyless but on the (occasional) hot days it's a great function to let air in the car before you get in.

Ooh eck be careful with that one please. There are a few accounts of people getting up in the morning to find all the windows opened and the car soaked by overnight rain. Maybe a misplaced bag, book, etc has triggered the button on the fob. Make no mistake you will be gutted if this happens. I certainly would not enable this function.

If I remember rightly Carl (LOC member)came down to find his car full of snow. Thinks it could have been his child or even the cat...probably never answer that one!!

The window feature isn't standard in the UK? My car does that - french

May have been set by previous owner? If there was a previous that is!! Don't think its set as standard.

France eh...nice place to be. We're off the Loire in July.

What part of France are you in?

My car does this...when I press the unlock button and hold for a few seconds the windows open half way.

But as Normski said be careful as I also noticed that when I got to my car one day the windows were half open and realised that every time I opened the car with the remote it was doing this so I held on to the lock button for a few seconds until all the windows were shut.

Locked the car and unlocked and problem solved no windows were opening. This suggests that you can set how much you want the windows to open by holding the unlock button - Then you can reset by holding the lock button for a few seconds.

Maybe this feature is to let air in the car or out before you get in.

Try it and see if it works on your car.....but make sure you reset it back.

The window feature isn't standard in the UK? My car does that - french

May have been set by previous owner? If there was a previous that is!! Don't think its set as standard.

France eh...nice place to be. We're off the Loire in July.

What part of France are you in?

Yes it's possible. I'm hoping to link up my techstream once I find a version which covers the is220d.

I'm down south, not too far from Toulouse. Enjoy your hols!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links