Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning F Sport Alloys

Hi All, due to pick up my F sport on 1st March having ordered back in October. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep those gorgeous smoke grey alloys clean or what products are best suited for cleaning them? Are there any protective products that prevent build up of brake dust etc?

You can't stop brake dust build up but regular cleaning will help.

I use regular car wash shampoo and a small sponge to clean between and behind the spokes,use a elongated soft nylon brush ro clean the inner part of the rim and rinse.

I then leather dry the wheels and apply Autoglym Alloy Wheel Seal (aerosol lasts ages) and buff off.

The wheels still get coated with brake dust but this helps with removal and the paint is still good after 3 years.

I have plenty of Muc Off here to clean my bikes with so tend to just use this on most things, but I did plan to check with Lexus what's best on the F Sport alloys. Muc Off is an alkaline solution so I don't want to tarnish the finish.

I like the sound of Steve's treatment after the wheels are clean to coat them with something, but I do think the coating my be a little fragile and will require slightly more attention especially in the winter..

Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, acid free and suitable for all delicate wheel finishes. Smells great too and I've never used anything so good. I add a few coats of Chemical Guys Wheel Sealant. Then just wash with car wash shampoo at least once a week and keep the protection topped up.

I also use valet pro bilberry at a 1:5 dilution ratio, works well.

I seal my alloys with car chem wheel armour. Costs about £8 for 500ml and comes in a spray bottle. Just spray on and wipe and it lasts for like like 3 months easily.

Hi All, due to pick up my F sport on 1st March having ordered back in October. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep those gorgeous smoke grey alloys clean or what products are best suited for cleaning them? Are there any protective products that prevent build up of brake dust etc?

You shouldn't have too much dust with the hybrid anyway? I would think regenerative braking should help here a lot, but again, this will depend on driving style. Also, am wondering if it's a grey alloy, or coating only on these rims? Would hate to think how it looks curbed with coating scratched.

You shouldn't have too much dust with the hybrid anyway? I would think regenerative braking should help here a lot, but again, this will depend on driving style. Also, am wondering if it's a grey alloy, or coating only on these rims? Would hate to think how it looks curbed with coating scratched.

Its a painted alloy. So basically, if you kerb it, the paint comes off and it looks white! And the IS brakes are all very dusty!

+1 for Bilberry to take the dust off easily. It smells soooo good - seriously don't leave it near a child....

Apparently these newer Lexus finishes are powder coated, not merely painted - so corrosion should be a thing of the past.

+1 for Bilberry to take the dust off easily. It smells soooo good - seriously don't leave it near a child....

Apparently these newer Lexus finishes are powder coated, not merely painted - so corrosion should be a thing of the past.

Yes, they are powder coated. Forgot to mention that. Theyre painted on top of the powder coating and touch wood, no corrosion on my alloy wheels at all, and yes, they havent been washed in 3 months. And theres no protection on them either because the dealer said theyre going to refinish all 4 of my alloys to match as one is the wrong colour - was refurbed as there was damage during delivery.

I buy WR40 in 5Ltr lots as it has so many uses - I use it on my motorcycle wheels and have done since the white FZR wheels in the '90's so why not on the F Sport - good call!

Isnt it difficult to keep it off the brakes? bloody risky isnt it?

Thanks to all who replied to my post about cleaning the F sport alloys. Well the delivery day is almost here. I'll be picking up my ultra blue F sport tomorrow from Lexus Stoke. Many thanks to Rob at Lexus Stoke for all the help. Can't wait to get mobile in the new car!

I buy WR40 in 5Ltr lots as it has so many uses - I use it on my motorcycle wheels and have done since the white FZR wheels in the '90's so why not on the F Sport - good call!

Not if you spray it on your cloth first duh

Not if you spray it on your cloth first duh

Well try doing your ISF wheels with a rag and wd40 and tell me how long it takes to do every single spoke including the insides. Im guessing 20 minutes a wheel.

Had my IS 300hFSport since October 2013. If you have purchased the protection body option then you get a nice selection of cleaning products from the Company. Just keep them clean on a regular basis. Can't stop brake dust. Auto Glym products also cool.

I have FSPORT White model....what colour yours? The LEDs are turning heads every where as the the body line styling. Enjoy.

Hi all, ultra blue F Sport collected today in lovely sunshine and the car looked great. Drove home from Stoke and averaged 47.8mpg with many turning heads! The car is a real delight! Thumbnail attached.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links