Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I just agreed a 3 year service plan with Lexus Glasgow for my IS250 SE (06 reg) and personally think it is very costly.

My car has done 67K and the service plan covers the 80K (full) , 90K (interim) and 100K (full).

the cost is £1035.00 over 3 years.

This is working out at £345 per year.

They have advised that I will get half price MOT's but that is really it.

I have tried calling Lexus Edinburgh to get another quote, however they have advised that Glasgow is the sister dealership and there price would be the same.

Does the price sound reasonable or is it expensive?

Given that these are the only two Lexus dealerships close by I am really going to have to use them unless I go to a normal garage, however I am keen to maintain the full dealership history that I currently have in case of any issues.

Try rac,aa,warranty direct they will b cheaper @ they r good had aa in past they r good @ when bought car from Preston motorpark got rac for £300 but I got it free,also had rac in past they r good.dealers r just rip off hope this helps mate @ what does that cover????? Fot that price hope it covers everything

Hi Iffikhar,

This agreement is for the servicing of the car and is not a warranty. Therefore this price only really includes things like oil changes, spark plugs, brake fuild etc. I wish it did include a warranty, however sadly not

I have a similar age car/mileage and I get the Lexus Essential Service plan which is £159. I have a good relationship with the dealership and they suggest any extras needed at the time of service.

Thats a rip off go with rac,aa which covers everything u can get service cheaper at ur local garage.ask them how much warranty will cost?????? Service is not important its warranty u need.how many services r u gonna have maybe once a yr these cars can b serviced after 20k aswell.

I have a separate warranty with my finance company so that is covered. I did consider the lexus plan at £159, however Lexus Glasgow advised that only covers a very limited service and the one I have purchased is the full service with the service book stamped. Is the £159 not only for a interm service and this increases if you get the full service?

Given the difference in price I am seriously considering getting the Lexus plan because I would be very keen to know what is making up the big difference in price between the two.

I think the OP is talking about servicing over 3 years, not just a warranty scheme.

I do agree - it seems very expensive, and to be honest that is one of the problems with Lexus - the servicing works out quite expensive largely due to the fact they still have annual servicing.

Them service plans are bull.you save so little .its more for there benefit than yours .they tried to sell me one when I got my isf .told then no way .you can cancel it mate if your not happy and get your deposit back ,just tell then uve changed your mind .

Hi David

I have called the service manager at Glasgow and am waiting on him calling me back. I would like him to explain to me what is covered in this which is not covered under the Lexus essential plan. To be fair I should have asked at the time but was in a hurry. It is just when you break it down it seems very steep and while I want to maintain my service history I don't want to pay more than I have too.

Overall the Glasgow branch were very friendly when I got the car serviced and provided me with a lovely 2013 (1k on the clock) IS300h courtesy car which I had the pleasure of driving about all day. However I was expecting the 3 year plan to be closer to 900 with free mot's.

I will wait and see if he calls me back and what his response is.

Hi David

I have called the service manager at Glasgow and am waiting on him calling me back. I would like him to explain to me what is covered in this which is not covered under the Lexus essential plan. To be fair I should have asked at the time but was in a hurry. It is just when you break it down it seems very steep and while I want to maintain my service history I don't want to pay more than I have too.

Overall the Glasgow branch were very friendly when I got the car serviced and provided me with a lovely 2013 (1k on the clock) IS300h courtesy car which I had the pleasure of driving about all day. However I was expecting the 3 year plan to be closer to 900 with free mot's.

I will wait and see if he calls me back and what his response is.

Hope you get sorted mate .im not bothered courtesy car I get , they could give me a push bike I couldn't care less . It would be cheaper hiring a car while yours gets serviced lol.i hate dealers grrrr robbers

I am just curious as to what benefit you would have by having a full stamped main dealer service book.

I don't know what mileage your car is at - mine is currently at 75k and I cant see what value it would add to my car if I sold it at this point with a fully stamped book, it currently does until June but I wont be carrying it on.

I do the services myself and plan to keep the car for a few years so I will be looking at a mileage of around 100k by the time I come to sell - would a fully stamped service book matter by then?. I don't think it would if it was a private sale as the mileage would put people off the car regardless of whether it was serviced or not - possibly be the same for a px I don't know..

It depends what you want from the car - I service mine as I like to do it and I know the parts are good that go into it (oil / fluids etc) and it also saves thousands in organising the repairs / services yourself which I have already experienced.

I am just curious as to what benefit you would have by having a full stamped main dealer service book.

I don't know what mileage your car is at - mine is currently at 75k and I cant see what value it would add to my car if I sold it at this point with a fully stamped book, it currently does until June but I wont be carrying it on.

I do the services myself and plan to keep the car for a few years so I will be looking at a mileage of around 100k by the time I come to sell - would a fully stamped service book matter by then?. I don't think it would if it was a private sale as the mileage would put people off the car regardless of whether it was serviced or not - possibly be the same for a px I don't know..

It depends what you want from the car - I service mine as I like to do it and I know the parts are good that go into it (oil / fluids etc) and it also saves thousands in organising the repairs / services yourself which I have already experienced.

I agree mate .ive sold older cars in the past not all full dealer history and no one cares .they can tell if it's been looked after etc .

I don't go to the main dealership just to get the dealership stamps with the age of my car it will add very little to the resale value. My car has done 71K and as others have said better value could be found at independent garages. However for me it's all about respect, trust and good service, the dealership treats me fairly and explains exactly what needs to be done at a reasonable price. If the price is too high I can simply walk away but I have never had to do this. At the end of the day it's personal choice but for me I'm happy to stay at my local Lexus dealership.

Thanks for all the great responses and it has got me thinking. I do want to maintain the Lexus history because I want to ensure it is serviced correctly and by people who know what they are doing. This is really more for my our satisfaction than when it is sold on. However I am starting to think that the Lexus essential plan is a far better deal and if I happen to need any extra work done (engine flushes etc) I can get them when it is in. This still maintains my warranty and is also a lexus service (although the main book does not get stamped), appears this could be the best of both world because I have racked my brain and am struggling to think why there is such a big difference between the essential plan and the service plan I have been quoted. Surely services revolve around oil, filters etc. This will be done on both plans and it may just be a few other odds and ends which are not covered. However I will call Lexus UK to see if they can expand on the difference.

Hi All,

Just spoke to Lexus Glasgow and Lexus uk to compare the main service plan and the essential service plan. Very little difference to be honest and Glasgow were seriously struggling to justify the additional cost. At the end of the day the only major thing they could say was the long life coolant would not be changed by the essential plan, although it would be topped up. They claimed the cost of changing the coolant was £180 plus labour which I seriously doubt, however even if it is there plan is still miles higher in price. Therefore I have switched to the essential plan which works out at £550.80 over 2 years with MOT included and this covers a major and minor service. That is far more reasonable in my opinion.

I took out a 3 year service plan for my 2006 IS250 SE-L. It cost me £801.71 and it includes Fixed price parts and labour costs, Free puncture repairs, Free Summer and Winter checks, Free MOT's

All of the inclusions are for the term of the plan. I thought that this was quite a good deal.

Hi Geoff

Your deal does suit very reasonable considering what is included, the orignal quote I got from Glasgow was a disgrace and the fact they could not even back up the costs made it worse. At the end of the day they are all out to make money, however they should know that people do not have a bottomless pit of money and as it turns out my car will still be serviced by Lexus, although it will be Edinburgh after this nonsense.

Aah - but does the price not depend on what services are due? For example, the 60,000 mile biggy is the most expensive as it needs new plugs etc - so if over the 3 year quote your IS 250 is in need of that then the price will be higher.....

I have a bit of a problem really with the service intervals with my car as I do not do many miles annually. The service plan that I have covers a 70K service at September 2013, an 80K service at September 2014 and a 90K service at September 2015 However, when I purchased the car in September 2012 it had 57K on the clock and the salesperson told me that the 60K service had been done just before the then owner part exchanged it for a new Lexus. My car only has 62K on the clock at this time.

Since buying the car I have pestered the dealership for confirmation that the 60K service had been carried out and, because the dealership has changed hands they kept telling me that the full data was lo longer available. However, within the past week they have contacted me to say that as a gesture of goodwill, and "to put the matter to bed" (their words) they have told me that they will collect my car from my home and take it to Plymouth (100 miles round trip for which they will replace the petrol used) and they will put new spark plugs in.

To me that is customer care/service absolutely second to none. It certainly encourages me to go back to them when I am ready to change my car again.

I have a bit of a problem really with the service intervals with my car as I do not do many miles annually. The service plan that I have covers a 70K service at September 2013, an 80K service at September 2014 and a 90K service at September 2015 However, when I purchased the car in September 2012 it had 57K on the clock and the salesperson told me that the 60K service had been done just before the then owner part exchanged it for a new Lexus. My car only has 62K on the clock at this time.

Since buying the car I have pestered the dealership for confirmation that the 60K service had been carried out and, because the dealership has changed hands they kept telling me that the full data was lo longer available. However, within the past week they have contacted me to say that as a gesture of goodwill, and "to put the matter to bed" (their words) they have told me that they will collect my car from my home and take it to Plymouth (100 miles round trip for which they will replace the petrol used) and they will put new spark plugs in.

To me that is customer care/service absolutely second to none. It certainly encourages me to go back to them when I am ready to change my car again.

I can't see how a dealership doesn't have a record because it changed hands....surely all customer records would go across - after all it should all have ben on their computer system? May be they never actually did it lol and now are having to justify their actions?

This link may help (it's a US site, but will give you an idea what is done).

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/service/maintenance-schedule.do

Also note service records are transmitted once at the end of every day to Lexus if they fail for any reason they will never be re-transmitted and they have to be inspected at the servicing dealership, I had a missing service record and had to ring the Dealership for confirmation.

After numerous telephone calls and emails during the first year of ownership, it does transpire that although the new dealership owners had most of the service information, some of it was missing. I even phoned Lexus UK and they too confirmed exactly that and so I am happy with what I was told.

Hi All,

Just spoke to Lexus Glasgow and Lexus uk to compare the main service plan and the essential service plan. Very little difference to be honest and Glasgow were seriously struggling to justify the additional cost. At the end of the day the only major thing they could say was the long life coolant would not be changed by the essential plan, although it would be topped up. They claimed the cost of changing the coolant was £180 plus labour which I seriously doubt, however even if it is there plan is still miles higher in price. Therefore I have switched to the essential plan which works out at £550.80 over 2 years with MOT included and this covers a major and minor service. That is far more reasonable in my opinion.

Why would they need to change coolant? I thought the long life coolant was ok for 10 years.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links