Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is there some secret to resetting the tyre pressure warning system on my 2006 GS300 as I have tried it several times without success?

I have a very slow puncture in one tyre which of course means that after a while the sensors sensor the loss of pressure and the warning lights come on. I pump up the tyres to the recommended level, drive the vehicle around to warm it up and then try the resetting process, according to the manual, without any success. Having pressed the reset button the "Initialising Pressure" message comes up for about three seconds before reverting to "Check System". Even sitting in a running car for 20 - 30 minutes afterwards isn't resetting the system successfully.

Should the "Initialising Pressure" message remain on until the task is completed?

Is there something that the manual does not tell me?

I'm sure that there are no other faults as when I had the car serviced a few months ago, Lexus presumably pumped up my tyres and reset the system, as there was no warning lights when i picked it up.

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Mike

I had a slow punture, which did the same on my GS. If you pump up the tyre and drive a mile or so the light should clear itself! I've never actually touched the reset button and if the light comes on just inflate and drive and it should reset itself! If its not doing this then you could have a faulty sensor perhaps!

Oh and do you have corrosion on the affected rim? As I have been told that lexus/toyota wheels that suffer corrosion are likely to loose pressure due to small amounts of air escaping through the corroded parts of the bead on the rim!

• 1 month later...

I had a damaged valve on my GS which caused the tyre pressure warning light to come on. I just replaced the damaged TPMS valve with a normal valve. The warning light stays on but at least the tyre pressure is ok, that light is a real nuisance, must get it repaired.

I know a guy who had a dead Battery in one of his tyre sensors. He opened the sensor and cut the Battery out of the surrounding silicone with a razor blade and just replaced it with an identical (5 euro) Battery, superglued the casing back and voila! it worked again. Saved himself a few quid in replacing and reprogramming the sensor.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for previous replies. My wife went to pump up the tyres yesterday to find that three of them were low.

This leads me to suspect that there is a valve issue rather than just one very slow puncture. Excuse my ignorance but are the tyre pressure sensors part of the valve or something seperate?

In other words, if i was to take the car for a new set of valves, how much am I looking at paying?

Thanks

The tyre sensors and valve are all one unit, when you have
the tyre removed you will see a small black box inside the rim connected to the
valve. You cant just replace the valve.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links