Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anti-Theft Number Plate Bolts

Has anyone found some anti-theft number plate bolts suitable for an RX400h? I bought some from Halfords and found that they were screws while the RX uses bolts so they were too small.

The front number plate was stolen from the hire car I used while my RX was being repaired recently. I don't want to have the same problem with mine. Hopefully lightning won't strike twice in the same place but given how things have been going with my car I'm not taking any chances.

They arent much use mate.

These guys go around with handheld dremmels and cut an indent into the screws and screw them off like that. Happened twice on my dads car WITH anti theft screws. Got the whole thing on cctv apart from his face

Luckily the RX being quite a small volume car the odds of a thief needing the plate for a cloned exact vehicle are pretty small, thank heaven you don't drive a X3 or X5

Luckily the RX being quite a small volume car the odds of a thief needing the plate for a cloned exact vehicle are pretty small, thank heaven you don't drive a X3 or X5

Thats actually a very good point. Thieves usually get number plates of common vehicles like the BMW 3 series so they can switch the plates quickly. The RX is relatively rare so its unlikely.

What they do is pinch a nice motor either on spec or to order then cruise around (or a favourite is to scan the autotrader/pistonheads ads) for a same colour and model and then pinch the plates from the genuine car (often they will get a set made up and just swap them over, the set they get made up will not have the BS mark on), they end up with a car that will not get a second look from the BIB and the poor unsuspecting owner of the genuine car probably won't even notice his plates have been changed, and he'll also be getting a few speeding and parking tickets through the door also!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links