Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm back :)

Been out from 06.00 to 21.30 yesterday on special project job.

Got your message Norman and have responded as I now have to all other orders and enquiries.

I now have just 4 kits remaining so these will be sold on a 1st come 1st served basis so if you are think of getting one be quick.

I wasn't sure how many to order as I don't want to be stuck with them but there is a fixed postal charge of £12.00 on every order from the USA so ordering 1 or 2 is out of the question.

If there are further requests made after this batch has gone I may take pre-orders until I have a sufficient quantity but obviously there will be a delay in ordering and subsequent delivery.

Finally I have asked several times about the replacement proceedure for the capacitors, this does involve soldering up to a high competency level so if you have any doubts DO NOT attempt this job yourself. They are few and far between now but if you have a TV repair shop nearby they may be able to do the job for you if you provide them with the link below.

This is a full guide on Club Lexus LS400 forum.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/656360-all-my-crazy-lexus-issues-solved-ecu-leaking-capacitor.html

Finally to avoid lawsuits etc the legal bit :)

I will accept NO responsibilty for loss any or damage resulting from the attempted fitting of these parts either caused by the purchaser or other 3rd party. I am ONLY supplying the parts nothing more.

Ok all members that requested the kits and have made their payments are being dispatched,apart from one member who hasn't sent me a delivery address :).

So they should be with you in a day or so.

Got mine as well. Thanks, Steve.

I will need someone to do the soldering on mine too (can weld and braze OK but have always struggled with soldering and will not be attempting anything as delicate and intricate as this).

Perhaps when those who have ordered kits from Steve have had the capacitors soldered in, they can post up their experience of how things went.

Here's a pic of Rudy's ECU, with:-

100uF 10v (2)

47uF 63v

220uF 16v

15uF 35v (2) not as advertised!

47uF 63v not as advertised!

10uF 50v (2)

The American thread did say that sometimes there are differences. The board is difficult, access is ok as the board isn't too densely populated, but the plated through holes are the very devil to desolder and clear. I ended up cutting the old caps off and pushing the remaining leads through to the back, then clearing the holes with a solder sucker, which I really don't like using as you have to watch for bits of solder splashing about.

I had the iron up at a much higher temperature than I would normally use and it took a while for the heat to melt the solder right through the board.

No sign of leaking or swelling, Rudy has the old caps if anyone has the equipment and cares to do any measuring.

I measured the voltage at the temperature sensor socket with a 2k resistor across it, can't really explain the before readings, a 1.5 volt ripple is ridiculous, could be my error, went down to 40mv afterwards.

sECU_Rudy.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please bear with me guys, I do have more kits now but am also too busy at work so spending days at a time in Lanchashire at the moment after 2 major power incidents.

I will get everyone sorted asap and haven't forgotten back orders.:)

I do have more kits now but am also too busy at work so spending days at a time in Lanchashire at the moment after 2 major power incidents.

That may of been me playing about with the soldering iron....Sorry
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just had mine replaced by Clarks Electronics in Stirling. Cost me £60. None of my caps were leaking but they were the originals now 20 years old. They are happy to do more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links