Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only had my Mk4 for 2 years, and yesterday when giving it a good clean discovered a hide-away box under the front passenger seat.

Can only assume it is for the wife to leave her diamond tiara in when she goes shopping at Primark!!

Are there any other secrets the car has yet to reveal - who knows?

I'd had mine a few months before I found the remote window/sunroof opening and closing feature. I had thought my 400 was too early to have this

I found this out by accident, as one morning last summer I found my windows a bit open, and thought "what the heck".

It was only a few days later I realised it was operated by holding down the OPEN or LOCK button for a longer period.

I tend to try an open my car when some distance from car - which you can do by holding the fob to your cheekbone - learnt that trick from Top Gear years ago - and so would be around the corner and not noticing the windows self opening.

well I have had my 430 for 18 months and its only the other day I found out that you can adjust the passenger seat from the buttons found on the side of the passenger seat facing the driver - I though that was for the lumber!! - often I have reached over to the far right from the drivers side to adjust the seat

I have had my LS430 for six years...am still not sure where the fuse box is?..... But can , now, turn on/off smart key operation or low "tire" warning sign off....! And that takes some fiddling about where you can't see.....

Why can't they have it on their touch screen....

Still a great car....and so quiet...my wife thinks I am going deaf!...

I have had my LS430 for six years...am still not sure where the fuse box is?..... But can , now, turn on/off smart key operation or low "tire" warning sign off....! And that takes some fiddling about where you can't see.....

Which fuse box, it has many, 1 in driver and passenger footwell, 3 in engine bay, and 1 hidden in the boot, that i know of, maybe more but not found them yet.

I did find a first aid kit in the hide away seat tray on the driver side of my 430 after a year of owning it, and some sunglasses in the pop down holder next to the sun roof.

Which fuse box, it has many, 1 in driver and passenger footwell, 3 in engine bay, and 1 hidden in the boot, that i know of, maybe more but not found them yet.

I did find a first aid kit in the hide away seat tray on the driver side of my 430 after a year of owning it, and some sunglasses in the pop down holder next to the sun roof.

Wow Chris...

I have now located the fuse box in foot well but the others are still a mystery...is there an easy memoir aid as to which is for what? The user manual very helpfully says that you should carry spare fuses in case of emergency....

I also never knew there were hide away trays...and there they are on both the driver and passenger side...but ALAs they are empty! And no sun glasses in the pop down holder either....

Wow Chris...

I have now located the fuse box in foot well but the others are still a mystery...is there an easy memoir aid as to which is for what? The user manual very helpfully says that you should carry spare fuses in case of emergency....

I also never knew there were hide away trays...and there they are on both the driver and passenger side...but ALAs they are empty! And no sun glasses in the pop down holder either....

Ok here goes.

Boot, lift carpet so you can see the spare wheel, to the left edge (and right edge) is another bit of carpet you can remove, left side is fuse box, right side is the satnag unit.

Engine bay, from the front bumper looking back to the windscreen, small box immediately to the left of the brake fluid reservoir, another is immediately in front of the Battery, long and slim, and the last one is a square shape to the right side of the engine bay next to the big cover panel.

Cabin, each footwell, on the outer edge of the footwells.

The covers of the fuse boxes do have a diagram of the fuses and what they are for.

I carry a little tub with a selection of spare fuses and a fuse puller, also a few spare bulbs for the various lights around the car.

Mk4 2000. BOTH mirrors dip when car is put into reverse. Discovered that each sun visor can be ELONGATED about 4 to 5 inches along its rail and when moved 90 degrees will cover the driver's/passenger's side windows. The plastic hide-away box under the passenger seat is there to contain the First-aid box.

• Like 1

Extending sun visors on my Mk3 too ...... wonder if the same was on the Mk1 and Mk2 !!! All these years and just found that out :whistling: . Thank you guys. ............... all I need now is some sunshine.

Malc

Also found I have extending visors, just the job for drive to work, when I have 6 miles of sun shining through trees, and was wondering what to do before it drove me nuts

Also I found out about the little visor flap above the rear view mirror some time last year.

Now all I need to discover is the everlasting fuel supply !!

Hi Rupert,

I read your comment with great delight. Really!

You see, I am impressed that, instead of a common acronym, you chose to use whole words throughout, including "...in my humble opinion" instead of 'imho'.

Thank you.

Thanks Eff , I can understand the use of abbreviation when text messaging on a mobile but otherwise its not for me.

I am known in my family as a bit of a Victor Meldrew ,my daughters often refer to me as the grumpy old git when I try to correct them for using text speak.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the Mk2 dosen't seem to have the extending sun visor ,but the velvet like feel of them and the headlining is much nicer than the plasticy Mk3 ones in my humble opinion.

Mk4 has nice velvet feel, I do not recall my MK2 being quite as luxurious in the roof lining and visor area.

I wonder if when a parts bin runs dry the Lexus chaps just go for a change to see what we pick up on this forum

OK, here's a good one...

The seat-belt clip only illuminates on the side on which the door is opened. There I was, thinking I had a blown bulb on the passenger seat-belt clip - and wondering how to change it - when I discovered this little gem of design refinement.

The headlining and visors on this Mk2 are most definitely velour :), although if I recall correctly they were plastic on the Mk1.

You are correct Cleverdick ,plastic and no illumination to the vanity mirror which only the passenger side had, how things have changed.

Just to clarify the headlining was velour.

Vanity mirror illumination was on the mk1 - except UK models. I presumed this was Toyota's literal interpretation of "not being allowed to show a white light to the rear" (or whatever is/was stipluated in the vehicle regulations).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links