Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well after owning my ls430 for about a month and loving the smooth gliding ride I decided to have a play with the sport and power settings

I was curious as to how much the ride quality may be compromised

I don't know what the rest of you guys have found but in my opinion the amazing comfort has not diminished in any noticeable way by adjusting the suspension the car just feels more tight and poised

As for the power button well that is noticeable

She definitely picks up faster and there is more sense of urgency getting down the road

I'm so impressed with this car so far - just keeps getting better and putting a big smile on my face

• Like 1

Amazing toys aren't they!

One push of a switch and the suspension stiffens up and the revs run higher before the transmission changes up.

Have you discovered the storage box yet under the passenger seat?

• Like 1

Personally do not see the need for stiffer suspension.

I can chuck the LS around pretty sharp corners at such a speed already that if someone was broken down on the bend, we would both be saying hello at the Pearly gates.

One had Vaux Sri 130ps, and could chuck that around corners, and once was doing 70mph and came across a rather slow tractor only avoided a smash by crossing the double white lines. Taught me a lesson about not allowing the car to take me to the limits.

So as I do not do track days quite happy with what I have got and in no rush to meet my maker on sharp corner.

Having driven in the USA, I see the LS as a nice balance between being able to corner and not feeling every darned bump in road, especially given the right old state of the roads in UK

Roads in UK a disgrace

And we pay £500 a year in road tax for the privilege

Don't get me wrong, I knew the tax band and accept that if i want to enjoy these beautiful cars that's one of the prices to be paid

But at least repair the bloody roads for all my tax

Especially when you factor in how much tax we pay here every time we fill up!!!

• Like 1

Mark

It is not a well known fact that less than a third of vehicle excise tax is spent on the roads,When my friends in the USA bleat about my free health service I point out that they get thier Petrol for £2.40 a gallon were as ours is nearer £7.00 but the average young family over there pays around £7000 pa in health insurance. They also pay social security tax although they don't pay road tax in most states but pay a tag fee(annual vehicle registration) which amounts to the same thing but not as expensive.So whatever method is used to raise the revenues that serve our needs we all pay up in the end.

I agree. At least the road tax is down to choice and ability to pay. Any country that provides health care based on the ability to pay cannot call itself civilised. Cameron take note

• Like 1

Totally agree with the health care point

If they actually used a fair amount of my 40% tax on my and others health care I would be happier as I still have private health as for all the money I hand to the tax man our health care is awful compared to a lot of Europe

Just want the money we pay to go back into what we want to pay for not thrown down the drain and give us scandalous quality for top dollar money

Oh and repair the bloody roads! !!

Sorry chaps rant over

Republic of Ireland Motor Tax for 1 year Lexus Ls 430 = €1809 thats about £1450.

I recall from my travels around Europe on business, that in general any country that did not manufacture cars tended to have higher road taxes, and not sure if still the case but in France anything luxurious (i.e. Not made in France) was taxed to the hilt.

Mind you at £1450 per year, if we had to pay that much over here, just think how much more MP's could get past on their expenses.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links