Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth

Use of a mobile phone while driving a car will be illegal. The legislation says the mobile phone has to be in a permanent hands free holster with a separate speaker and microphone.

What about Bluetooth then :unsure: phone in locked glove box, Bluetooth headset on with voice activation - still illegal cos the phone is not in a permanent holster.

It is much safer as there are no buttons to touch as there would be on a handsfree kit as legislated

Anyone know if the Bluetooth thing will be corrected or is this just gonna be another one of those good old english law ***** ups :duh:

Whilst the engine is running the driver cannot hold the phone. If it's in the glovebox then you cannot hold it so that's fine. The problem with the earpiece headsets is you need to hold the phone to make a call.

http://www.theaa.com/aboutaa/features/fea_...e_july2003.html

If your phone is in a cradle and you have an earpeice, you can dial from the cradle. I have this set up in my GS.

I am however going to upgrade to a cradle kit just because its less wiring... less mess and more cool.

I would have rhe blue tooth set up and a cradle but those earpeices don't have good batteries so you have to keep charging them. I also found blue tooth a bit hit and miss. not always pairing devices when you want to...

:blink:

Bluetooth headsets and ear pieces with in line mic's will be illegal.

Only proper "hard wired" phone kits,and Bluetooth kits will be legal.

I've never heard such b*ll**ks. Why does it matter if a hands free is professionally fitted or not? How is looking over at a phone in a cradle and pressing buttons safer than voice activation via a headset?

If this is true then it's just yet more proof that laws are made by ars*h*l*s with no inkling of what goes on in the real world.

Bluetooth headsets and ear pieces with in line mic's will be illegal.

Only proper "hard wired" phone kits,and Bluetooth kits will be legal.

I've never heard such b*ll**ks. Why does it matter if a hands free is professionally fitted or not? How is looking over at a phone in a cradle and pressing buttons safer than voice activation via a headset?

If this is true then it's just yet more proof that laws are made by ars*h*l*s with no inkling of what goes on in the real world.

I didn't say it had to be professionally fitted, just that it had to be a proper "Hard wired" phone kit.

The voice activation is a setting within the phone's menu, so you can still make a call without touching the phone...

Sorry Lard, I don't make the law's..... ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links