Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have just returned from a 264 mile round trip.

I kept to 70 where I could all motorway (M56 / M6 / M42) and used the cruise for most of the journey. I got back home tonight and the mileage done was 264 with a "range" still left of 198.

That makes a total of 462 - tank average 41.1 miles. When I filled the car up there was a range of 360 miles before I started (so I have had just over 100 "free" miles)

I reckon that I can get well over 500 on a full tank if I had longer motorway journeys

I serviced the car at the weekend, so am thinking this may have helped it - this is the most I have ever had from it.

Man, I need you to service my car!!! LOL

I only get 21 MPG for local London driving and around 30 on A roads and about 35-38 on motorways!!

Saw your oild dipstick last week, you can hardly see the oil on it, that's how clean it was.

I've been to quite a few long trips. The heighest I got was around 520miles on a full tank. When I drove through Europe I got about 490miles per tank. It really depends on how well you can maintain a cruising speed. Cruising between 70-75mph seems to be optimal. Ishaq, on busy local roads I get around 24-26mpg. Only time i ever dropped below 23mpg was when i had a faulty maf sensor, i was getting 19mpg at times. Obviously how you drive it also makes a difference.

I regularly take my IS250 on long runs and I usually get the economy display to read at least 40mpg by the end of the journey (which equates to about 37mpg in reality).

I'm not sure what the optimum speed is for economy but I suspect it's quite a lot less than 70mph. A couple of weeks ago I filled up at the Thetford end of the A11 dualling roadworks and by the time I reached the Mildenhall roundabout (about 10 miles away) my tank economy was reading 52mpg (I kid you not). I managed to achieve this by driving at a steady 40-45mph all the way through the speed limited roadworks without interruption or braking. One minor assisting factor might have been the fact that there was about a 100 foot drop over the 10 miles, but I'd guess that that wouldn't account for much more than 1 or 2 mpg.

By time I reached Cambridge (another 20 miles) the overall figure had dropped to a still respectable 44mpg.

I've also noticed that some tanks of fuel return significantly better mpg than others (I'm talking 3 or 4 mpg difference) for no obvious reason (same daily journey and ambient temperature).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links