Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dizzy Lady Just Bought A Ct200H

dee27

Hi to everyone on this forum. I have just picked up a 2014 CT200h Luxury. I moved over from a B Class Mercedes and I am finding a few of the technical controls on the Lexus a bit difficult, The manual is very heavy reading and I cannot make any sense of it.

1. Am I right in assuming the USB slot is where I dock my ipod (ie via a lead)? Its just that my B Class had an ipod dock concealed in the glove box so I could permanently leave it in the car.

2. How do i make the side mirrors tilt automatically rather than having to manually do this every time?

3. How do I adjust the keyless lock range when I walk away from the car? It is presently about 10meters and I have a ground floor flat i.e it doesn't seem to lock, I have to use the key to lock the car.

A sincere thank you (in advance) to all replies.

Also have 2014 Luxury & can only offer advise from own experience.

1. Bad move on Lexus , you are right your I pod is in full view.

(A) Possible ideas, purchase long enough lead so I pod can sit in centre consul box.

(B) Favourite solution ( see topic "warning usb stick") download music onto micro usb stick (Amazon). Small

enough to leave in permanently with lid closed.

2. Side mirrors. You can only tilt up & down by switch on right hand side consul, fold is in same place. No automatic.

3. Keyless lock seems accurate 5 to 7 mtrs, 10 if clear line of sight to car. As far as I know no adjustment you can do.

Dealer maybe able to do something but previous threads have warned about cars unlocking from owners pockets although quite

far away.

Hope the above helps. Enjoy a different way of driving.

Hello and welcome to the LOC :)

I can't really add anything to the above post as I've only ever test drove one, still remember the complete silence pulling out of junctions.

I would imagine the owner's manual is pretty comprehensive, there are some custom dealer settings on most Lexus models which they will normally do free of charge during a service so may be worth asking about the mirror issue.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

1. i have ordered a micro chip from amazon. Pity Lexus didn't have a hidden dock.

2. Not having automatic tilt and doing it manual is going to require some concentration on my part. I simply keep forgeting :))

3. My keylock lock simply does not work. Opens fine, start fines, but the car simply does not lock when I walk away from the vehicle - even when up to 20m away. Not sure what I do other than locking manually.

Finally. I have now driven the car for a few days. My immediate thougts are that the CT200h is a very nice smooth drive with loads of helpful gadgets. There however appears to be very limited rear leg space and the front sensors appear to unsensitive and only go off at very slow pace. Having only two sensors on the front seems poor planning and pointless.

Deexx

aren't you meant to touch the lock sensor on the door handle to lock the doors, not just walk away?

I can understand why one has to touch the handle to open the vehicle. I however can't see the logic in having to touch the handle to lock the car. You may as well lock manually. Surely, once the key is out of range the car should automatically lock? That is what happens with most keyless cars.

Unless it's changed for 2014, you do have to touch the door handle to lock - there should be a small rectangle mark on the handle top for you to touch, if it has changed to auto lock as you move away I would hate that I like to decide when it locks. I valeted a friends Renault that had the auto lock/unlock when you moved away - it must have gone through the routine 20 times as I cleaned it and kept moving away to get hose, buckets etc.

I however can't see the logic in having to touch the handle to lock the car. You may as well lock manually.

You have to close the door with your hand so it isn't too much effort to then touch the handle? That is a bit different from having to get you key out of your pocket/bag and press the lock button.

For tilting side mirrors I assume you mean when selecting reverse. If you have the option - my 2014 premier has it - you set the mirror adjustment switch to the right and they will auto dip on selecting reverse. If the mirror adjustment switch is centred or if the option is not installed - they won't

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Unless it's changed for 2014, you do have to touch the door handle to lock - there should be a small rectangle mark on the handle top for you to touch, if it has changed to auto lock as you move away I would hate that I like to decide when it locks. I valeted a friends Renault that had the auto lock/unlock when you moved away - it must have gone through the routine 20 times as I cleaned it and kept moving away to get hose, buckets etc.

A few years ago, my brother bought a Renault Espace with auto lock/unlock. From the second day, he woke up every morning to a flat Battery. He eventually worked out that, with the key stored in the hallway a few meters away, the car kept locking/unlocking itself all night! He did not notice because it was in the summer and the car was parked out of sight on the side of the house!

• 2 weeks later...

I would dig through this. I have the F sport and took me a while to configure all the toys the way I wanted them. On the dash there is the little computer display on the right. thats used via the button on the steering wheel. if you cycle through it when stopped settings will appear and you can go in and adjust a few more features, such as keeping the rev counter on, no matter what mode you are in, LED brightness etc..Day lights on or off and so on..

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/owners-manual-search.do

Martin

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links