Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Converter Kit

Just bought a headlight converter kit as I am going to France next Thursday with my Lexus IS200 SE for a holiday. The instructions in the kit only refer to the following Lexus models:

GS200/LS200

GS300

RX300

LS400

No IS models are mentioned

When you chaps make your French visits what do you do?

Is there one of the above models that I can use as a guide?

Many thanks for any replies.

Thanks Steve, My converter kit from Halfords are 2 sophisticated tapes but where do I put them? That is the problem.

At£6 its a bit of a rip off but I have broken into the packet so I aim to make use of it.

Thanks Besty , a piece of ordinary tape will do the job just as well. To all Lexi owners thats worth a couple of beers on the boat!

Just curious, why do you have to mask your headlights ? :huh:

Because in the UK we drive on the opposite side of the road, therefore our headlamps shine to the left

So when driving in mainland europe our headlamps would dazzle oncoming vehicles.

The convertors deflect this beam away from oncoming cars.

to be 100% honest with you - dont bother with the headlight convertors :excl::excl: I have been driving in europe for over 3 years and have only been flashed once. No one is going to check your headlights when you leave the ferry and as the standard IS headlights are not that great anyway you wont have any probs - i get dazzled by more french cars than i can remember anyway.

Thanks Chris for the info, that was too simple for me to find it :whistling::lol:

I agree with Fluff, your lights won't be checked, don't worry for this. A lot of (old) cars have dazzling kights and have no prob with it, moreover, you have to light them up only at night. It should be off at daytime :)

i remember when all french cars had yellow lights

the english ones stood out a mile

one way of finding out how to put the covers on, is to wait till you are sitting in the queue for the ferry, one bright spark will get out and put his on, he will then get everyone else asking him how to do it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links