Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sad Times.....

So the day has finally come, today I'm leaving the IS-F club.

After 28 months and almost 40,000 miles of pleasure i'm P/X'ing the IS-F on a new RX450h F-Sport for the misses.

The car has been simply brilliant and I'm going to miss it.

3 track days completed and several trips to Le Mans, Spa and the ring.

Only costs, tyres, brakes and fuel (25mpg average over the time i've owned it).

Warranty covered a slightly leaking water pump but beyond that she's been totally flawless.

Since i've been commuting more i've been using my run around (diesel Golf GTD) much more than the IS-F and with the other half needing a new car this seems like a sensible time to take a break from F ownership.

But i'll be watching the RC-F with interest and I suspect in a year or so i'll feel the need to have another V8 Lexus on the driveway.

Though from what my dealer tells me there are only going to be 175 RC-F coming into the UK in the first year so it could be a bit of a wait..

Always sad to see someone give up on their ISF but I can understand it. The RX is a lovely car and does look nice with the F-Sport pack. You are going to have to get used to not being able to take corners at anywhere near the same speed. I know it take me a few corners when driving the wife's to take them at a sensible speed.

The wife was deciding between a new on of those or in the Advance spec and went for the Advance as she couldn't get on with the harsher ride. God know what she thinks of my ride quality.

Yeah I'm keeping it in the family,

I've found myself on a couple of occasions since picking it up complaining how slow the RX is and even the F-Sport version corners like a barge compared with the IS-F, so who knows what the softer setup ones would be like.

I will get something else speedy in a while I'm sure, the RC-F is really appealing but until they actually publish the price I'm not going to get too excited - I suspect it's going to be on the high side of £60k which puts it into some serious company.

Thats used 911 Turbo \ Audi R8 money....

Agree, Not even published performance stats yet either! I think since BMW relseased the M£/$ they are scrambling around for a few more ponies.

Got inside news - RC-F should be about £60-63k. Optional Carbon Package will be about £70k. Infrared paint may be an optional extra, no idea how much though.

Some options may not be available in the UK however. No news on the RC200t which will be cheaper than the RC350 and will be the base model in the lineup.

1_zps69a224c8.jpg

3_zps5ebcd5fe.jpg2_zps71d01f29.jpg

4_zpsa16b863b.jpg

5_zpsc5aa5843.jpg

470 would be impressive, looks like the carbon package would be a must if thats the only one with the active diff.

Guess we'll still have to wait and see once we get the UK spec confirmed as the last I saw the diff was standard but the carbon roof etc was optional.

If that's like the lexus claimed isf that's probably sub 4 real world? IsF stated figure is 4.7 I think but it has done 4.2 stock real world.

Well the M4 does it in 3.9s with the DCT so Im guessing the RC-F figures will be close if not identical to them.

If that's like the lexus claimed isf that's probably sub 4 real world? IsF stated figure is 4.7 I think but it has done 4.2 stock real world.

Well the M4 does it in 3.9s with the DCT so Im guessing the RC-F figures will be close if not identical to them.

That's my expectation and why I believe that have delayed release of performance figures.

Stu

That's my expectation and why I believe that have delayed release of performance figures.

Stu

They're still testing the prototypes in the states. I think theyre trying to squeeze every little bit out of the car.

I have my eye on the red with black leather. I think that will look stunning in the metal.

Love the LFA-inspired spoiler as well. Although this comes with the new trackpad type controller which hopefully is nowhere near as bad as the joystick controller. All the wife says about her 450 is that she misses the touch screen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links