Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Work In Progess

Maz

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Tony..

Your boot builds coming on fine....

I gather your subs are firing through the ski hatch?

Yep Steve, it will be a 12inch Phoenix Gold Sub firing through the ski hatch, also there will be new door build as well, nothing major but with new speakers and tweeters.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Think I'll see this for the first time at Max Power - like the steering wheel there matey!

OT but Maz when you've got this up on the Max Power stand you do realise there will be loads of 16 year old's with caps on knocking one out to the beat of your sub :o

Looks like she's coming on nicely there!

Excellent...

I was thinking the door build route myself but wanted to retain the oem door panel look. It'll be great to see what yours will turn out like..

I had a design I was going to do, but instead opted for the DLS UR6s 3 way components instead where I just dynamatted the door like on yours for the Mid bass unit and then made a kick build to angle the mid and tweeter unit toward the driver left ear on both sides.. i.e not symetrical.

Was also thinking of adding at a later date another 6" MIDbass into the front door (door build) and a switchable mid/tweeter combi on the pillar sections, yet another pair of UR6S which I already got.

Planning on running my system active/passive using my Zapco amps which I brought ages ago, and never installed before.

I am going for 3 12"s under the rear deck section with slim sub box under it and toward the back seat to make the volume required, re-fabricate the rear deck cover with custom grill these will be running 1000w rms each plus 250w rsm to F/L and F/R...together with some old skool audio control EQT's.

Think I'll see this for the first time at Max Power - like the steering wheel there matey!

OT but Maz when you've got this up on the Max Power stand you do realise there will be loads of 16 year old's with caps on knocking one out to the beat of your sub :o

Looks like she's coming on nicely there!

The car will be at Max Power Live, but it will not been on Max Power stand, it will be on SQ Plus stand instead, and hopefully its only for 3 days....hehehe :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Excellent...

I was thinking the door build route myself but wanted to retain the oem door panel look. It'll be great to see what yours will turn out like..

I had a design I was going to do, but instead opted for the DLS UR6s 3 way components instead where I just dynamatted the door like on yours for the Mid bass unit and then made a kick build to angle the mid and tweeter unit toward the driver left ear on both sides.. i.e not symetrical.

Was also thinking of adding at a later date another 6" MIDbass into the front door (door build) and a switchable mid/tweeter combi on the pillar sections, yet another pair of UR6S which I already got.

Planning on running my system active/passive using my Zapco amps which I brought ages ago, and never installed before.

I am going for 3 12"s under the rear deck section with slim sub box under it and toward the back seat to make the volume required, re-fabricate the rear deck cover with custom grill these will be running 1000w rms each plus 250w rsm to F/L and F/R...together with some old skool audio control EQT's.

I love to see what your will be like Steve, sound great to me.. :) :) B) B)

one thing thus, you should see the retrim on my seats, i seen them today, they look awesome, but im keeping the pics for now, dont want to show it yet until JAE,

as i said before the door build is not going to be major, just a small one so i can have better speakers and tweeters that all, one thing i can let you know is im having to 7" screen at the front now, Alpine F1 unit on the top vent ( so may have a dash tray for sale soon), Alpine new 7" touch screen below on the facia, then under that the RUX-C701 controller, oh and just ordered a Orgin B2 too, hehe...running out of space in the car for any more toys now......... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Your next mod should be to stretch it then mate - could be the only IS200 pimpmobile in the world!

Thanks for clarifying SQ+ for me guys, don't really know much about that side of things to be honest. Sounds like it will be very good then! Can I bring my Britney cd to JAE so we can hear how she should sound :P

Great Tony.. I know Phil very well.

Did you see the Prowler?

Did you see the top secret S6?

Did you see the home theather room?

Did you see his is300, dunno if his still got these, hav'nt spoken to him for 7 months now...

yes i saw the Prowler, was that the one with tv screens on the bumper, i though what a mad install...... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

yes i seen his IS300, in fact my son got sick in it, he was taking us to Manchester city centre at the time....hehehe :lol::lol::lol::sick::sick::lol::lol:

Blimey! We were going to sponser the Prowler, my freind bought it from Phil @ SQ+.. unfortunatley installer changed his mind due to the commitment envolved.

Maz, are you running Alpine F1 inc the H900? What front comps are you going to run?

This is the biggest part of my car, since its a demo vehicle for us. We might run ported door build enclosures since the mids we are using have an amazing bandwidth (45hz-6khz without breakup!) and pair of bespoke amps worth £4000 alone!

Is that all Birch ply too?

What power supply upgrades are you doing?

Maz, are you running Alpine F1 inc the H900? What front comps are you going to run?

This is the biggest part of my car, since its a demo vehicle for us. We might run ported door build enclosures since the mids we are using have an amazing bandwidth (45hz-6khz without breakup!) and pair of bespoke amps worth £4000 alone!

Is that all Birch ply too?

What power supply upgrades are you doing?

Hiya Mr Singh,

First the F1 screen i having on top of the air vent is the old F1 series the TME-M790, not the new one, i had this screen for almost 1 1/2 years, this was mean to be the main screen for my car, but damn Alpine bring out the new IVA-D300RB this month, so i got that for the main screen instead, and i though it will be a waste not to install the old F1 screen as well, so that how it end up on the top vent, hehe :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: it will be running together with the new RUC 700 & PXA-H701 Multimedia manager..

for audio side, i will be having the Phoenix Gold Xenon series 6.5 & 5.5 inch Comp speakers, also will be using the PG Xenon 12 inch Sub too, of course amp will be from PG as well.

as for the power supply, im running a dual charging system with a 2nd Exide Battery in the boot..

F1 TME-M790 7" screen

F1 TME-M790 7" screen in custom pod..

Looks like more bling' bling'.

So yout having 2 set of comps? running same freq range? not ideally the best for sound quality, but for sound quantity okay i suppose.

Look fwd to the end result by all means :)

So yout having 2 set of comps? running same freq range? not ideally the best for sound quality, but for sound quantity okay i suppose.

sorry my fault matey, 1 set is for the front, 1 set is for rear......... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

I seen plenty of cars at the IASCA's and SCA events with dual mid bass units running the same frequency.

Perhaps not every one has an SCA or IASCA ear as such, and Maz has chosen components in his install which will more then satisfy his ears :winky:

Steve I didn't say that. There are plenty of our competitors running dual 6s too. What I meant was to run 2 sets of comps upfront at same freq range on the 6 and 5" mid wouldn't be the route to choose for best SQ. Phasing will become issue when RTA' ing around 800hz typically.

SCA doesn't even exist my friend, they haven't been for the last 2 years since IASCA UK (aka JR from IRE)

I also wonder if Maz heard the comps before he made the purchase... I would most certainly have looked at the PG elites (Morel USAs) not the Xenons, not too keen on the Sound Q or tonal characteristics..

I'm sure you'll be more than happy though Maz :)

This set up is more than enough for me, to be true, when the car is on the move now all i can hear is the SuperCharger noise through the bonnet (cos the light weight bonnet i got doesnt have any sound proofing at all, im looking in to this atm, as its make of FRP, not sure if sound proofing material will stay on), and personly i dont like loud setting, so i wont able to use any type of set up to it full...times will tell with what i installing now... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: I can alway improve things later on if i want to... :shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

here is a pic from my last car, it show the type of install i have then...

Interior

10inch sub with DvD player

6 discs cd-changer and Genesis 5ch amp

and this is my last car...Mazda 323F

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links