Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

you think i can make it fit............................ :blink:

ebay_manifold.jpg

Well i have a turbo manifold.........

i have a £50 turbo manifold..........

i have a Nissan SR20det manifold, think i can make it fit :lol:

The idea is to use this manifold as a test piece, to get spacing and location correct.

once i know what is required, i can then use one of the many manifolds on the market

NONE...for the Altezza though :angry:

im after a top mount...and there are a few race ones in the US for the nissan sr20det engine.

hence the purchase of this HKS one, this however is a bottom mount.....not for much longer me thinks :duh:

time to crack open the TiG welder, a beer and a sharp saw!

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I'm sure your get it in there Mat :winky:

it's amazing how much you can do with a 4" sander with a 1mm cutting disc and a tig set

trust me I've performed miracles with them at work which Jesus would be proud of :lol:

yep, anything is possible given time.......

once it arrives, i can measure the pipework and get some pipe ordered up.

to re-configure it (bodge it more like)

what manifold is offset

that manifold is not the actual finished manifold....its not a manifold designed for the altezza

i dont expect it to bolt straight up :duh:

Edited by Monster-Mat

I meant. the mount for the 'turbo' is offset, not central.All the turbo manifolds i've seen for the altezza (from kits) have the turbo mount on the center of the manifold. It looks like the turbo will sit little more fwd with it that way.

I meant. the mount for the 'turbo' is offset, not central.All the turbo manifolds i've seen for the altezza (from kits) have the turbo mount on the center of the manifold. It looks like the turbo will sit little more fwd with it that way.

i know that....its a nissan manifold, im using to guage space and requirements, before building a full manifold.

i said this earlier in the topic....

the available manifolds for the altezza are bottom mount.....are not capable of holding the gt2835

i want a top mount, i know what needs doing to make it fit, almost before it arrives.

thats why i would rather spend £50 on a manifold to act as a jig, than spend £500 on bits of expensive ss321 steel and fuok it up messing about blind

Edited by Monster-Mat

well 3 hours later and the engine is out, all the brake lines are now removed, all the fuel system is completely removed, all that is still left to remove.....is the rear subframe so i can build it up, brace it and generally beef it up, before getting it powder coated.

some pics..

Engine out, suspended on (possibly massive overkill) a 10 ton overhead crane

engine_out_1.sized.jpg

The fuel system, handbrake cable and fuel tank....now in the skip

engine_out_3.sized.jpg

Lots of space underneath...where the fuel tank used to be......

engine_out_4.sized.jpg

i recon on calculations today (not including engine) that at least another 70 kilo has been ditched in the skip :)

considering how lowered the car was before......the tyres were level with the arch tops, the arch gap is now....nearly 10cm :ohmy:

i think im gonna have to get new springs wound.......or i am gonna have to chop another coil or 2 of these TTE coilovers (defo not recommended for road use)

twas good to see ellz when he popped in.......

Edited by Monster-Mat

well 3 hours later and the engine is out, all the brake lines are now removed, all the fuel system is completely removed, all that is still left to remove.....is the rear subframe so i can build it up, brace it and generally beef it up, before getting it powder coated.

some pics..

Engine out, suspended on (possibly massive overkill) a 10 ton overhead crane

engine_out_1.sized.jpg

Car looks good cheers for the stuff today, its gonna be a beast probably as quick as the monsta with all the weight out of it, ill fit the pipe during the week and get a recording with the kazama on hope it sounds GOOOOOOOOOOD :D

Edited by Monster-Mat

Can't say how I love such pics! :blush:

Congrats Mat..... hope to see this Monster2 in action soon. B)

Keep on tuning and let us know what's going on! :winky:

thanks Mike, its good to know peeps appreciate, not only the updates, but the Hard work involved.

as for when it will be finished, if i had all the resources.....money and time, then i could have it finished in a few weeks easily.

however im still waiting for stuff from Japan and the US........ :huh:

Good informative thread.

Your really have got stuck into removing excess weight... Where do you plan on fitting the fuel cell, the boot or are you planning to mount it where the rear seat used to be??

I did read were you said that wasn't the manifold you intend on using which was for an internal waste gate.. Is that what you will be running?

erm no......I wish :D

theres much that needs doing i only removed the is200 engine yesterday.

i have to rebuild the altezza engine with 2,2 pistons and crank, new rods, headwork.

build a manifold, fit the turbo, build the inlet manifold, rewire the car, fit the custom ecu, get the 20 point btcc cage welded in, fit the fuel system, fuel cell...weld in the pedal box, plumb in the brake lines, fuel lines, repaint th insides.

beef up the suspension, get the suspension powder coated, plus lots and lots of small minor things...........before the engine even goes in.

im still waiting for the aluminium radiator, intercooler pipes, fuel pumps gear reduction pinion, trd engine mounts and much more to arrive from japan and the US

however......

the turbo arrived today............

turbojapan.sized.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

erm no......

theres much that needs doing i only removed the is200 engine yesterday.

i have to rebuild the altezza engine with 2,2 pistons and crank, new rods, headwork.

build a manifold, fit the turbo, build the inlet manifold, rewire the car, fit the custom ecu, get the 20 point btcc cage welded in, fit the fuel system, fuel cell...weld in the pedal box, plumb in the brake lines, fuel lines, repaint th insides.

beef up the suspension, get the suspension powder coated, plus lots and lots of small minor things...........before the engine even goes in.

im still waiting for the aluminium radiator, intercooler pipes, fuel pumps gear reduction pinion, trd engine mounts and much more to arrive from japan and the US

however......

the turbo arrived today............

turbojapan.sized.jpg

WOW matt that Turbo looks Big whats the A/R off the Turbo matt :whistling:

WOW matt that Turbo looks Big whats  the A/R off the Turbo matt :whistling:

just for you marcus...dont tell anyone else. :whistling:

HKS GT2835

AR .61

Trim 52

T25 flange

internal wastegate.....for now

ok mate i will not tell any one :lol: :P

O thats not to big then, by the look off the turbo................i was thinking A/R would be up around 70+

Why have you gone for internal wastegate.

This car is going to fly when its done :whistling:

WOW matt that Turbo looks Big whats  the A/R off the Turbo matt :whistling:

just for you marcus...dont tell anyone else. :whistling:

HKS GT2835

AR .61

Trim 52

T25 flange

internal wastegate.....for now

ok mate i will not tell any one :lol: :P

O thats not to big then, by the look off the turbo................i was thinking A/R would be up around 70+

Why have you gone for internal wastegate.

This car is going to fly when its done :whistling:

internal for ease of plumbing initially.

its hard enough getting a manifold sorted as it is....i really need to ghet the car running as soon as is pysically possible.

its not 2 hard to get the exhaust side of the turbo, with external wastgate set up.....

im not sure at the moment if there will be room for an external wastegate on that side with the top mount manifold and all

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links