Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

hmm, ok so what if i wanted the best of both worlds, i.e. a LSD that would let me drive normaly around roundabouts etc but would also let me have a bit of fun.

as i still dont fully understand the final effects of a 1.5 or 2 way diff. what about using a range rover idea of the airlock diff?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

ok.so whats been happening.well not Much since my news of a hasty move back to the UK......

which has resulted in a very very swift re-build of the car..

However...............the rear plating is finished, and the temp exhaust is on.....because the new one hasnt arrived.

however im in a little bit of a dilema, however much i liked the Satin black......it got just too dam hot out in the sun.....

so im looking at a colour change.................any ideas?

out of the question is......

Orange

Green

Yellow

and of course................white

and no Metalics, i dont have the time to do the body prep for a good metalic/perl

I am also trying to build a drift car with my IS200....although this is also my daily driver so it will not be going as awesomely extreme as yours!!!!

(plus lacking funds :angry: )

Ive picked up an altezza LSD from scott (altezzasportsandprestige). Would you think this is suitable for drifting?

Ive only just picked up my lex a couple of weeks ago and ive got into the whole thang in a big way :D

So is anyone planing an LOC drift learning day?????

the altezza diff...are you sure its LSD, its very hard to tell.....as i found out.

anyway is it good for drifting.....well its the same LSD internally as the is200 sport, i.e its a Torsen© Differential unit, which are not ideal for driffting, as i stated earlier the best differential units to use are..

1.5 lock up on acceleration but more ideal and the best to use are the 2 way lock up on acceleration and de-acceleration.....

both should be re-buildable, and have some amount of adjustability

i suppose it all depends on how serious you want to drift, as there are far more fundimental things that need sorting on the Cars before the differential......

which i hope this Thread will bring to light, of course, this is to the extreme, but all aspects will be covered that on a daily used drift car can be implemented in some way

I am also trying to build a drift car with my IS200....although this is also my daily driver so it will not be going as awesomely extreme as yours!!!!

(plus lacking funds  :angry: )

Ive picked up an altezza LSD from scott (altezzasportsandprestige). Would you think this is suitable for drifting?

Ive only just picked up my lex a couple of weeks ago and ive got into the whole thang in a big way  :D

So is anyone planing an LOC drift learning day?????

I think you'll find that you will need more power than the IS or at least lose a lot of weight. The Japanese do use the altezza as dori slags but most use the RS200 and majority of those have been force induced - or if NA stripped out track weapons.

Personally if I was to buy a diff I wouldn't have got the RS200 one but have gone for an aftermarket cusco/kaaz one

I think we need a noob drift day - I'm proposing a wet airfield of some sort (the hardcore drifters would moan about that!) but I think we need to go easy on the drivetrain of our much loved IS' and altezza's

I think I should start a separate thread :)

Good idea, My car.will be almost fit for drifting for when im back in the UK......still need to sort the fueling and engine side, but as light as it is, should have a nice time going sideways.

its not all about power......its about power to weight ratio.....and abilitys.

the biggest thing is correct suspension set up!!

I am planning on stripping alot of this luxury sh :tsktsk: t out!.... i bet these elecric seats weigh a fair amount.

What would you suggest stripping apart from the obvious?

I want to keep the dash n door cards in front. i will be after c/f bonnet and boot.

As for the power side of it, i recon with a few basic 'free HP' mods and a few weightloss mods n plenty of revs ill get her sideways. its more fun when youve really got to throw her to loose grip, but my diff is letting me down!

Although hopefully early next year ill be after a supercharger

As the monster guy sais (sorry i dont know your names :D ), i think its about sorting the handling first.

So whats the deal with the altezza diff? have i just thrown away £475?

I will def be up for a drift learning day.

How do you post links? iv got an awesome twin drift clip of 2 altezzas

£475, was that for a new diff?..if its a second hand one, its a little pricey, is it a complete unit or just the internals

if you read through this topic from the start, you will see what sort of lightening methods i have used........

Sorry ive just realized im going completely off topic :offtopic:

What was wrong with the satin black?

I think a block dark grey would look mean!

or if you want something brighter............. :huh:

yeh that blue is best definatly.

i used a local Glazier for the glass.....make sure you get the proper type though, the non-shatter,non-splinter stuff.

i am keeping parts of the satin black, as i do still love the colour, but as those who was in the car last year at JAE and the EURO meets can testify........it gets very very hot inside!!

i would confirm with Scott what type of diff it is first before saying its useless...as for price, if it is second hand then its a little on the pricey side, but confirm with scott, scott is normally ok with prices

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links