Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi there,

I have a 2009 GS450H which I think is probably the best car I have ever had - with one exception - the small boot.

Now I am seriously thinking of selling, as although its OK in normal use, no way we will get enough gear for a camping holiday in!

Just wondering if there are any ways around this such as roof bars / box which could be easily removable?

Alternatively I was thinking about swapping for an RX400h of similar value, which would certainly provide a big boot, but I'm a bit worried about these due to the stories I have heard about them losing charge for the 12V Battery?

If anyone has any thoughts what I could do, or experience of putting roof bars on a GS450h could you let me know?

Thanks,

Philip.

The last time I was in my local Lexus dealer they seemed to have roof bar and roof boxes listed in their accessories catalogue for this car, so it must be possible even though I have not tried it.

yes I'm sure roof bars are available.

The 12v Battery issue on the RX400h is hugely overplayed. If you purchase a vehicle then spend an extra £55 on a Bosch Battery and then in another 5 years maybe spend another £55 on a Battery. This is unless you are constantly leaving your vehicle for 2 to 3 weeks at a time unattended.

Thanks for the replies!

Problem is - I will be leaving the vehicle unattended for 2-3 weeks as I work away from home.

I have to say this has never been an issue with the GS450h, but I understood on the RX400h it was a different situation, which slightly put me off that option (although in all other respects it would seem to be the perfect choice!)

2 weeks isn't a problem for a Battery in good condition. 3 weeks will probably be okay but you will drain it quite a bit, normal lead acid batteries don't like being deep discharged, it reduces their lifespan.

The reason to go with the Bosch Battery is because it has a slightly higher capacity compared to the OEM one, so you can leave it longer. Unfortunately space within the engine bay stops an even higher capacity one being used.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links