Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Pre Facelift Se-L Or Post Facelift Luxury Trim

Hello,

I'm looking to trade in my '56 RX400h SE-L for an RX450h. There are a number of vehicles on auto trader that I've been looking at between £27k - £33k. I'm undecided at the moment about whether to go for a 2010/11 model in an SE-L trim or spend a little bit more and get a '62 plate with 12,000 less mileage but in the luxury spec. There seems a really big jump now between Luxury and Premium.

The Luxury trim gets a few bits that I might be interested in, including the updated Navigation and the additional parking sensors, but I would miss out on the Mark Levinson that I'm fond of in my car and I don't think the seats are quite as good in the new Luxury model.

Either way it will be very nice to have postcode navigation, be able to put contact in the phone book and not have a cable hanging out of my cassette deck to play music from my Iphone :-)

I'm sure that I'd be happy with either, but was interested in people's views.

Nick

The advice I received when I asked a similar question (albeit about an IS 250) was always to go for the car with the most toys!

(Of course I ended up spending far more than I had originally intended and bought a later, low mileage, SE-L with MultiMedia).

Thanks Philip,

I'm in a similar situation, in that I've already moved up quite a bit from what I originally planned. If it was a case of a new SE against and older SE-L, then I'd go with the older SE-L I expect, but it's comparing the old SE-L to the newer Luxury. I listened to the 12 speaker stereo in the Luxury and it did sound very good, so perhaps the Mark Levinson won't be missed.

Nick

There are some advantages to the face-lift model - styling changes both inside and out, revised suspension which improves the ride, updated navigation and remote touch, and sport driving mode.

However going down from an SE-L to Luxury you would lose:

ML Stereo, 10 way adjustable seats (down to 8 way), passenger memory seat, air suspension, side monitors, smart key card, and illuminated scuff plates.

There are some advantages to the face-lift model - styling changes both inside and out, revised suspension which improves the ride, updated navigation and remote touch, and sport driving mode.

However going down from an SE-L to Luxury you would lose:

ML Stereo, 10 way adjustable seats (down to 8 way), passenger memory seat, air suspension, side monitors, smart key card, and illuminated scuff plates.

HUD too!

That's right, there is no HUD in the SE-L, only the SEL Premier gets HUD.

In 2012 when the introduced the Luxury, some of the items that were included in the SE-L, were taken out of the Luxury and moved to the Premier only.

and that really is the dilemma. the face lift model doesn't have and SE-L option, just Luxury, that is slightly below the old SE-L, but does have a couple of updated items. the Premier however seems to have significantly more expensive than the Luxury.

To be more precise in the decision I'm trying to make, it's between two cars

Jan 2010 SE-L with 35k miles for £28k

Dec 2012 Luxury with 20k miles for £33k

These are the screen prices, not negotiated, but it gives you a feel.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

That's right, there is no HUD in the SE-L, only the SEL Premier gets HUD.

In 2012 when the introduced the Luxury, some of the items that were included in the SE-L, were taken out of the Luxury and moved to the Premier only.

and that really is the dilemma. the face lift model doesn't have and SE-L option, just Luxury, that is slightly below the old SE-L, but does have a couple of updated items. the Premier however seems to have significantly more expensive than the Luxury.

To be more precise in the decision I'm trying to make, it's between two cars

Jan 2010 SE-L with 35k miles for £28k

Dec 2012 Luxury with 20k miles for £33k

These are the screen prices, not negotiated, but it gives you a feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Why dont you try waiting a little until a 12 plate Premier comes up? It should be the same as a 62 plate Luxury give or take

• Like 1

Any difference in the lighting? Do they both get LEDs headlights?

I suppose other factors to consider will be condition and colour - inside and out.

Have you checked Lexus' approved used cars?

There is currently a April 2010 SE-L with 35k miles for £26900... it means you would get the full warranty etc...

Also a Sept 2010 SE-L with 35k miles for £29k

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links