Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60K Service At Woodford...anyone Had One Done There?

wish id seen this thread before. Sidcup did my 60 for 650, price matching a quote from woodfood where Pete had let me use his name. I bet they've picked up the trend on their data and told the stealers to stop it. mine was a full fat 60k with nothing left off as it was my first service and I wanted it done properly. Mind you the final bill was way in xs of 650 after the tyres and rattle investigation. Its booked back in for more investigation in November....

Just had my 40k service done at Lexus Canterbury today and just as Stu has had varying quotes on the 60k service i too have enjoyed the bun fight over what Lexus UK want their dealers to charge and what you actually end up paying.

Started off with Tunbridge Well, who did the 30k service last year, coming in at £550, Canterbury orginally quoting £545 and then reduced it to £450 with Lexus Owners Club membership discount. Final bill today £412 inc VAT and didnt even have to produce the membership card. What makes it even more bizzare is that Tunbridge Well and Canterbury are part of the same group. Appears there is 'flex' in pricing if you ask........ Worth the extra half hour drive to save best part of £150.

The plot would also appear to thicken further as my rear brake pads wear has actually reduced by 10% in the last 12 months. Rear pads were 30% worn in Aug 2012, 60% worn Oct 2013, both measured at Lexus Tunbridge Wells and today only 50% worn! I have never heard of brake pads rejuvenating themselves!

Customer service at Canterbury was excellant and car back, cleaned inside and out in 3 hours. Also happy to drop you in town and pick you up whilst the car being serviced.

Just had my 40k service done at Lexus Canterbury today and just as Stu has had varying quotes on the 60k service i too have enjoyed the bun fight over what Lexus UK want their dealers to charge and what you actually end up paying.

Started off with Tunbridge Well, who did the 30k service last year, coming in at £550, Canterbury orginally quoting £545 and then reduced it to £450 with Lexus Owners Club membership discount. Final bill today £412 inc VAT and didnt even have to produce the membership card. What makes it even more bizzare is that Tunbridge Well and Canterbury are part of the same group. Appears there is 'flex' in pricing if you ask........ Worth the extra half hour drive to save best part of £150.

The plot would also appear to thicken further as my rear brake pads wear has actually reduced by 10% in the last 12 months. Rear pads were 30% worn in Aug 2012, 60% worn Oct 2013, both measured at Lexus Tunbridge Wells and today only 50% worn! I have never heard of brake pads rejuvenating themselves!

Customer service at Canterbury was excellant and car back, cleaned inside and out in 3 hours. Also happy to drop you in town and pick you up whilst the car being serviced.

I guess like anything it pays to shop around. Well done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links