Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Terraclean And A Rx400H

Hi guys

I have looked into having my RX400h " Terracleaned "its a process where they inject some magic cleaning formula into the engine while its running and it gets rid of carbon built up over normal use.

They say it makes your car run like new, increasing fuel economy and reducing emissions, well my car runs perfect and im getting 31.7mpg so would anybody like to hazzard a guess on how much this could be improved by ? Plus the guy had to get technical guys to tell him what to do to keep the engine running while the process took place, they say putting the aircon on full chat will make the cars engine stay running long enough to do the magic ?

Thoughts please ?????

I have heard about Terraclean and recall seeing it featured on Wheeler Dealers when the team were trying to improve the emissions and mpg from a Jag XK.

I thought this product / service was generally aimed a older big petrol engined cars with V8 or V12 engines.

I can't say I have heard of anyone trying it on an RX400h

I googled it and watched some of the videos on youtube, I suppose it will do the job but some of the other video links suggest ordinary water sprayed into the breather inlet works just as well. Apparently the water turns to steam in the cylinder and strips the carbon in the same way terraclean does without costing £100 for the pleasure :winky:

I googled it and watched some of the videos on youtube, I suppose it will do the job but some of the other video links suggest ordinary water sprayed into the breather inlet works just as well. Apparently the water turns to steam in the cylinder and strips the carbon in the same way terraclean does without costing £100 for the pleasure :winky:

In the states they have been doing this for years, they mix a little "seafoam" in the water (its a non corrosive cleaner). They say it works......

To the OP.........if you think you have a problem with the car and especially the fuel system it might be worth a try, but if its a "maybe try" jobby, I'd forget it until you need it for real.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links