Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One For The 430 Owners Here

I'm getting low 20s around town and upper 20s on the longer runs

Supposedly, I should be able to hit over 30 on a long run but my LS430 is 11 years old so not holding my breath

Still reasonably good for such a car

Seems to be on par with the 400.

I'm thinking of buying a 2001 Ls430 with premium pack.

Those reclining, massaging rear seats surely looks the dogs danglies :)

Seems to be on par with the 400.

I'm thinking of buying a 2001 Ls430 with premium pack.

Those reclining, massaging rear seats surely looks the dogs danglies :)

I ran my LS400 for 13 years and sold it last year to an owner who is a big fan of these cars and thankfully still very pleased with his purchase.

I got back into the LS fold a few weeks ago and whilst I am pleased to be back, the one bit of advice I would give you is to make sure that you check everything works or that you allow for this in your purchase price.

My LS430 has had some issues - air suspension not being correct and my electric steering column needed replacing. These are beautiful cars and the gadget count compared even to the mightly LS400 is superb but these cars definitely seem a bit more fragile compared to the LS400. Shame as it's otherwise a great car.

hello nach what was the problem with your suspension in the end?

I ended up having to replace 1 of the rear brackets on the passenger side as this side of the car was sunken and it wouldn't rise.

I also ended up having to replace some front sensor parts. Labour wasn't too bad but parts cost me a few hundred pounds from Lexus (I wasn't going to risk buying used parts for this).

All sorted now and driving absolutely fine thank goodness

glad it got sorted - do you think it might be due to lack of use?

remember to flick the switch every so often.

I bought the car from a prestige car dealer, albeit close to trade price and the car is a 2003 with only 44k miles on the clock. Mileage checks out with the DVLA MOT database. 1 owner who clearly didn't use the car much. Not quite the bargain I had hoped for given the repair costs

Will definitely keep in mind to use the suspension switch every so often to ensure movement at front.

I haven't yet decided how long I will run it as I do like the latest facelift LS460 and LS600h but they are way out of my budget !

On short runs around the village and into the local town for shopping, 26 to 28 mpg (if I'm careful on throttle and brake, as I am increasingly trying to be.) On longer runs easily getting 30 to 32, again being watchful of the revs all the time, and only stepping on the gas when I really have to. My last car, a diesel 2-litre, gave me an average of 44 without difficulty. But given the higher quality of motoring I'm now enjoying, my personal target is to be satisfied with averaging 28 to 32 over the year, which would be no worse than two thirds of my previous achievement (also petrol's a bit cheaper than diesel.)

Anthony

• Like 1

On short runs around the village and into the local town for shopping, 26 to 28 mpg (if I'm careful on throttle and brake, as I am increasingly trying to be.) On longer runs easily getting 30 to 32, again being watchful of the revs all the time, and only stepping on the gas when I really have to. My last car, a diesel 2-litre, gave me an average of 44 without difficulty. But given the higher quality of motoring I'm now enjoying, my personal target is to be satisfied with averaging 28 to 32 over the year, which would be no worse than two thirds of my previous achievement (also petrol's a bit cheaper than diesel.)

Anthony

Well said Anthony - I have a Merc CLS 350 CDI which is a great car to drive and own with superb mpg and range along with plenty of luxury but in some respects, it is not a patch on my LS430. And I don't feel resentful about the additional fuel the car uses. The refinement, luxury and ride make up for it and make journeys so much better

holy Moses 12mpg? Yikes lol

I have only owned my LS430 for 3 months and my car is nearly 11 years old but I am getting low upper teens / low 20s for urban driving with mid to upper 20s for the longer runs

I used to get between 14 - 16 mpg from my Audi A8 W12 (6 litre petrol, 12 cylinder) so I do find 12mpg very hard to believe from an LS430

Very slightly less than my LS400, but not really that noticeable. I wouldn't go back to a 400, even though they are fantastic cars, and clearly go wrong less often. I used to think a button to raise the rear window blind was pointless, until I drove on the M27 early one morning with the sun behind me!

• Like 1

Very slightly less than my LS400, but not really that noticeable. I wouldn't go back to a 400, even though they are fantastic cars, and clearly go wrong less often. I used to think a button to raise the rear window blind was pointless, until I drove on the M27 early one morning with the sun behind me!

I sold my LS400 last year after 13 glorious years of ownership and 225k miles and I finally got back into the Lexus fold a couple of months ago. I did re-consider another LS400 but managed to find a low mileage LS430

Whilst the LS430 is a big step forward in terms of space, gadgets and luxury, it hasn't been as faultless and as reliable as my LS400 which is disappointing but overall, I am very pleased with my purchase

I drove 800 miles in Ireland back in August in my Uncles 04 LS430 with 168k on clock. He gets 20-22. As he gave me a full tank of fuel free I decided to see how far I could get on it.

I did 538 on the tank with average of 30mpg for a lot of the trip. A/C off. Power trans off and set cruise to 65 when on Motorways.

I have 05 one at mo and averaging 26 in normal driving conditions.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

We've just had a couple of days away and averaged 31mpg, can't complain at that! To be honest, my wife's 1.4 Corsa hardly does any better being an automatic.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links