Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Essential Care Servicing Price Rises For 2015

I was considering the the Essential Care Servicing package for my 400h. Looking at the Lexus web site the prices seem to have been raised considerably over the 2014 prices:

Minor £179

Major £349

Minor £199

Major £399

Thats over an 11% increase for a Minor service and over a 14% increase for a Major service from 2014 to 2015.

It seems a little excessive to say the least.

hello there according to lexus birmingham where i get mine serviced, the major service is £349 and a minor is £179 which is the same as last year.

Yes I just signed up to Lexus Birmingham based at those prices :) but some dealers (e.g. Coventry Lexus) seem now to be using the revised 2015 prices.

I took out a 3 year service plan a couple of weeks ago and it came to 1001 for 2 minor and i major which excluded the LOC discount which was not applicable. I later checked the prices on the Lexus web site and they were priced at 935 for the same services and would have qualified for LOC discount bringing the total price down to around the 800 mark. Seemingly the company which administers the service plans are now changing their quotations to include the discount where applicable, but it still doesn't answer why they were 65 higher in the first place. Sorry, don't have the Pound sign on my keyboard.

I was considering the the Essential Care Servicing package for my 400h. Looking at the Lexus web site the prices seem to have been raised considerably over the 2014 prices:

Minor £179

Major £349

Minor £199

Major £399

Thats over an 11% increase for a Minor service and over a 14% increase for a Major service from 2014 to 2015.

It seems a little excessive to say the least.

A regular major service is still £445 on the Lexus site, so now just £46 more than the Essential Care service. If it stays that price I will probably just stick with the regular service option.

Both regular and essentials pricing has risen massively in the last 12 months, well above inflation. Also there seems to be a directive from Lexus telling the dealers not to compete with each other and offer discounts - certain not with advertising anyway but you may still be able to negotiate discounts when calling them.

• 6 months later...

Q. Does anyone here ever get a 6 monthly (Lexus dealer?) oil change - as seems much more common in the US?

Q. Does anyone here ever get a 6 monthly (Lexus dealer?) oil change - as seems much more common in the US?

Why would you need a 6 month oil change? Modern oils are capable of going way more than 6 months/5k miles. They can essentially go up to 15k miles. Ive seen an RX300 which went pop after 50k miles due to no oil change lol

• Like 2

Common in the US for changes every 3k miles. They seem obsessed with it, however oil is much cheaper there. Semi and fully synthetic oils and the company car/lease industry in the UK push the change intervals with many German models now able to go 20k miles before change.

The 10k miles/12 months that Lexus GB uses seems a fine compromise. Certainly not hearing of engine wear issues since Lexus moved to that model over 12 years ago.

• Like 2

Totally agree with Colin and have been following this regime on all of my cars for the last 18 years - never had a problem with engine internals or emissions and the oldest car I have is a 1992 MR2, we've had for over 15 years and still goes great!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links