Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Whats Your Saddest Moment ?

DaveEllen

Not certain which hurt the most - the loss of my lifetime partner & childhood sweetheart - would have been our 15th wedding anniversary last week.

Or when my cousin got murdered - having to break the news to my great gran that he eldest granson had been killed, and seeing the devestating effect it had on her. She outlived both her sons and one grandson - she was a wonderful person but the loss hit herhard and I wil always miss her.

As has been said though - sadness in life is not a completely negative thing - a feel good film always feels better when there have been tears along the way.

Cigarettes murdered my Dad recently. Never got the chance to say "thankyou" for everything he did for me. Never got the chance to say "look what I've done" - he would have been proud.

Got a tear in my eye now just articulating the thoughts

Fags had a hand in my fathers early exit...........blocked arteries...

I share your thoughts on the look what i've done.........

He'd have been well chuffed with the Lexus.......

He was a bit of a car fanatic..........He bought a new Hilman Avenger GT in 1971 spent all the savings........posted to Germany and went rallying in it.........car cost £700 odd and his wages were £8/10 a week :whistling:

i was reading this thread and thought how sad, but then given the title, you couldn't expect much else. odly, i could've been your dad - i bought a new hilman avenger 'tophat' 1.6L auto in 1973, cost me £1,070 but can't remember what i was earning. i never smoked, but did get blocked arteries so had to have a double bypass 6 months ago. i wasn't overweight, took lots of excercise, and had low blood pressure, so don't think that if he'd not smoked he'd have been OK. i'm convinced they haven't got a bloody clue what causes heart attacks, but they have to hang it on something.

I lost my dad back in 1973. Although I was very young, I have great memories. He was a bit of a wide boy as most young guys are. Amongst the memories are one in particular of a car he used to borrow from an amateur football friend. I never forget the days we out in that car and it cemented something special into me. In 1988 by sheer luck I managed to track down the very same Triumph Stag and I still own it to this very day. To imagine life without it would be very strange. A brief history on the randy reindeer name [not so sure on the randy part though :P ]

Mine has to be my son who at the age of 5 weeks technically died but my wife revived him. He then lived in Guys hospital til he was 5 months old, all the time under ventilation and drips. Makes you feel so utterly helpless.

By the time he was 2 he was fully discharged as an outpatient and he is a real bruiser. Last Monday he was 5 years old but you never forget -

With you there mate. My eldest boy was born with cerebral palsy, and we were told he wouldn't see his 1st birthday. He lived in Great Ormond Street hossie for the the 1st 6 months. He's 15 in Feb - had a very hard life and will continue to do so.

The lesson I learned is that no matter how bad thing are for you, there is always someone much worse off - so stop moaning and get on with it.

Like Claire rightly said, stuff like that puts things into perspective. I bet that the guys in the other forum haven't had much tragedy in their lives, oitherwise they wouldn't say and do the things they do.

I try not to let sadness and bad memorys come into my life,of course most people come across death and illnesses within the family

and friends,and one never forgets, but the saddest moment that my family has had to deal with was when i had a M/Cycle accident in Aug 2000,on admission to hospital i was operated on straight away and my wife was informed as she was on her way to the hospital and after the first op(4 in total) she and my 18yr old son was taken to a private room and told that i would'nt make it through the w/end as my injuries were extensive,i was in a coma for about 4weeks and if it was'nt for the skill of the surgeons and the dedication of the NHS i would'nt be typing this now,it took about a year to recover,it was a tough year!!!

And now im a 4 wheeled Lex driver........

Merry Xmas everybody.

Well I guess getting a 2.1 from Kings College Oxford when Everyone had predicted me getting a 1st class hons degree in Law is not much to be sad about really.

Its more that the hopes and dreams of the family felt like they were all riding on this event. First generation to go to College and all that. Don't talk about this much now, but I was born in the Caravan that my folks were living in so it was a quantum leap back then.

Anyway, they were all really looking forward to me graduating top of my class and in the end I fluffed it and narrowly missed a Desomond! Something else we don't talk of now :blush:

Guess I have a lot more to be thankful for than I have regret. folks live in the lodge house on our grounds so we can treasure the time we know is precious.

Dave,

always leaving the house on good note is a great way to live. Thanks for reminding us of the important things.

Xan

Dave,

always leaving the house on good note is a great way to live. Thanks for reminding us of the important things.

Xan

Linked to treating/speaking to other people how you want to be spoken to/treated yourself

Not too difficult to do and if everyone did it what a world we would have :whistling:

Without a doubt mine would have to be the day my daughter was born. She was 10 weeks early and just over 2LB... will never forget going to see her in the incubator a few mins after she was born and thinking...WHAT HAVE I DONE! Would have given anything for it to be me laid there instead of her (am not a religious bloke but have to admit to saying a **** load of prayers for quite a few weeks)

I've been avoiding reading this thread since it started but finally had a look and I'm fighting back the :crybaby: reading all your posts. It just goes to show whats really important and how much rubbish people put first before those important loved ones and other people feelings.

Well my story would be a mix of times in life. My nan back home in Ireland passed away a couple of years ago November time and it was the first death in my family since I've been of adult age. Im in the UK and my brother rang me from Ireland one Sunday evening to tell me the bad news. I couldn't believe it cos she'd rang me the night before trying 3 times trying to get through to my brother on his mobile. She was funny and laughing about ringing the wrong number so much but then she kept telling me how much she loved me and really trying to reinforce the message. She never did get hold of my brother before she died aged 80. I didn't cry till the journey to the mass(catholic funerals are about 2-3days long) we slowed down driving passed her home just opposite a petrol station my best mate runs with its bright lighting it lights up the surrounding area. It was about 5pm and in my brothers car and I thought its really dark tonight and then turned to the petrol station to see it in complete darkness and realised my mate Garry turned off all the forecourt lights as a sign of respect as my nan past by and it hit me, like the light gone from the street she was gone from my life :crybaby: Bless you nan..I love ya ;)

Other things are the memory of my eldest brother who died aged 13 trying to save his best friend from an old old house the kids used to play in and try knocking walls down etc..not clever but thats kids for ya. I was only a baby at the time but I've watched what its done to my mum over the years and folks splitting up and all the rest that goes with it. Got a picture of him holding me the week before he was killed. Harder for my older brother cos he was 7 and he lost his older brother that protected him and looked out for him. I always try to be like him...brave and caring the way he went back into that house to help his friend out. Unfortunately my brother died instantly when hit by debris and his friend he pulled out died later in hospital. They are buried across from each other with their headstones facing each other :crybaby:

Pity the whole world can't log on and do this then maybe we'd stop trying to screw and kill each other :rolleyes:

Now look you made me :crybaby: :) Its been a while but a good cry helps sometimes :)

Thanks for this thread...I feel good for writing that...if you know what I mean.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links